Chapter 56 - Hello, Goodbye...

Ludwina, who arrived at the Hilton Hotel the next day, thought that the guest relations officer who met her recognized her just like some of the fans she met in Central Park. She just followed as the staff took her to a beautiful suite facing the sea, where Andrea stayed.

She actually had already checked into her father's Kanawa Resort, so she went to Hilton with only her handbag. She remembered that today was their wedding anniversary. 

Perhaps she would accept to have dinner with Andrea one last time before asking for the divorce documents from her husband and ending their marriage.

She saw flowers and a bottle of prosecco tied with a red ribbon in the room. Her heart suddenly ached. She still vividly remembered that night when Andrea proposed to her. She saw Andrea's two shirts in the cupboard. She remembered she had bought them before her husband left for London. Soon, her defenses collapsed.

Ludwina cried again for the umpteenth time. At first, she was able to stay positive about her life and accepted her fate. But now, being so close to Andrea made her feel that life was unfair once again. 

Fate was cruel and merciless to her. She didn't deserve to die young. Andrea was too kind, he didn't deserve to be hurt this badly...

In the end, Ludwina fell asleep. She didn't realize it when Andrea after he finished the conference, rushed to look for her in the suite, and found her sleeping on the sofa. Andrea put the prosecco in the refrigerator while waiting for Ludwina to wake up. 

He just sat beside her and studied his wife's face, never seeming to get enough of it. He really missed her cute face with her freckled cheeks...

Dinner time went by and Andrea realized that they weren't going to have dinner together to celebrate their wedding anniversary. Ludwina still hadn't woken up from her deep sleep.

Andrea called the room service quietly and ordered food in the room. The food arrived and he ate while waiting for Ludwina to wake up. He actually wanted Ludwina to eat, but he didn't want to disturb his wife's sleep, as she looked very tired.

Even at 10 PM, Ludwina still hadn't woken up, so Andrea decided to carry her to bed so that she could sleep well. He took off the girl's shoes and loosened her clothes, then covered her with a blanket. He refrained from sneaking in and hugging Ludwina as he always did.

He didn't know if Ludwina was willing to be hugged because he thought that Ludwina was still angry at him. He couldn't ask the sleeping girl for consent to hug her. And so, Andrea slept on the sofa. His sleep that night was very restless. He gradually woke up and checked whether Ludwina was awake or not.

At 6 AM, he woke up and decided to drink coffee and take a shower. He would wait for Ludwina to wake up by sitting beside her.

At 7 AM, Ludwina finally opened her eyes.

"Good morning, Sleeping Beauty." Andrea smiled, "You have no idea how badly I wanted to kiss you and wake you up from that peaceful slumber."

Ludwina looked surprised to see Andrea.

"At first, I thought you were just taking a nap and was going to get up for dinner, but you still didn't get up until morning arrived. I was worried," said Andrea again. He stretched out his arms and hugged Ludwina. He finally couldn't stand it and landed a soft kiss on his wife's lips. "You've never had jet lag before, so why were you sleeping for so long when you arrived here?"

Andrea was very happy that Ludwina didn't reject his hugs and kisses. He really missed his wife's body. If possible, he didn't want to let her go from his arms at all...

"It wasn't jet lag. I might've just been sleep-deprived. I haven't been sleeping well for a while..." said Ludwina.

Andrea's face was instantly clouded with guilt. He thought he was the reason why Ludwina was stressed and couldn't sleep well.