Chapter 18 - You Can Find Inspiration... Here.

Andrea didn't have an account on any social media. He knew how technology companies mined their users' data for business purposes, and he was not willing to have his privacy violated by Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google, and others.

But he was grateful for the existence of those internet giants because he could follow the news about Ludwina whenever he was missing the girl.

Ludwina moved places so often, Andrea almost had trouble following her tracks. This week she was in Kyoto, and the next she traveled to Xian, and then Hong Kong, before finally stopped by in Melbourne.

During the six months that Andrea following her posts on Instagram, New York was the only place that Ludwina visited twice. It seemed like the city did have a special place in her heart.

Ah, Andrea just remembered, Ludwina used to go to Columbia University. Of course, she made friends while studying in New York and would make a point to go there from time to time to see them. While those other cities in the world were only visited for traveling purposes.

Too bad, Ludwina didn't like visiting Singapore ... Andrea would be happy if he could see her here.

Andrea's mind drifted a little when he saw a photo of Ludwina in Central Park posing with a book. Next to her was a young white man with blond curly hair. They sat together looking so intimate.

He asked himself what was their relationship. Maybe he was her old friend from uni days?

"Hi, Andrea ... Are you joining us tonight at the office gathering?" Suddenly there was a knock on his door, and Lucia appeared from behind it. She was a beautiful office manager, and since Andrea's first day at work had always been nice to him.

"Ah, I'm sorry. I will have to take a rain check. I am flying back to Jakarta to visit my mother," Andrea answered with a smile. "I haven't gone home in a month."

"Oh, too bad. Hopefully, next time?"

Andrea just smiled, not promising anything.

During six months of working in Singapore, Andrea always took the time to return to Jakarta every other weekend. His mother lived alone in Jakarta, with only their two dogs. He understood that his mother must be feeling very lonely after he left her to move abroad.

Usually, he would take a flight on Friday evening after work hours and spent the weekend at his mother's house. They loved cooking together while chatting.

Sometimes he would help his mother tending her garden in the backyard. On Monday, early morning, he would fly back to Singapore and go directly to his office from Changi airport.

This month, he did not go home because he was focused on completing the cybersecurity system testing for the company's new VIP client.

So, as soon as the project was completed, he immediately booked tickets and returned to Jakarta. With only a backpack, he left for the airport.

As soon as he landed at Jakarta airport, Andrea remembered that he did not have the local currency in his wallet to take a taxi. Most taxis in Indonesia couldn't accept cards. Finally, he had to go up to the 2nd floor to look for an ATM in the departure area.

After withdrawing enough money, he hurried to the elevator to go down to the arrival area on the ground floor and look for a taxi to go home. When the automatic door opened and he almost exited the terminal ... his steps suddenly came to a halt.

The girl with long hair and freckled cheeks behind the automatic door that just opened also stopped in her tracks...

They both looked at each other with a look of disbelief.