Chapter 40 - I Can Live A Difficult Life

Ludwina still couldn't believe that she would marry Andrea. They had known each other for almost a year but had only become close during the last few months, especially after they traveled together in Europe.

She took a photo of her ring finger adorned with a cute diamond ring from Andrea and thought for a long time about whether she should update her status on social media or not. Andrea, who had seen her watching her fingers all this time, finally shook his head.

"What's wrong, Honey?"

My... Ludwina's ears immediately turned red. Since this afternoon, Andrea hardly ever called her name, always replace it with the nickname "Honey".

It was amusing how Ludwina wasn't used to it. Even with her older brother Johann, who was six years older, they still called each other by their first names*.

"Uhm... I'm considering whether I should update my status on social media or not..." Ludwina replied, flustered. "What do you think?"

"It's up to you if you want to update your social media status. But you shouldn't write my name on any posts," replied Andrea. "Privacy is a very valuable thing in my field of work. I don't want bad people to find out that you're my wife and use you to blackmail me into committing crimes."

Hmm... Ludwina had never thought of that before.

All this time, she only thought that her life was precious as an heiress of a wealthy family and that criminals could kidnap her for ransom. She just found out that as the wife of a digital security expert, she was also vulnerable to being kidnapped by criminals to control Andrea and his skills in the field of internet security.

She immediately remembered movies in which a hacker's wife was arrested and her husband was blackmailed into breaking into the CIA or bank security system.

In the end, Ludwina only posted a photo of her ring and wrote a caption:

"I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where.
I love you straightforwardly, without complexities or pride;
so I love you because I know no other way,
than this: where I do not exist, nor you,
so close that your hand on my chest is my hand,
so close that your eyes close as I fall asleep."
- Pablo Neruda

When he saw it, Andrea smiled and hugged Ludwina tightly.

"If I had an Instagram account, I'd like this photo a hundred times," he said softly. "I love you, Wina."

"I love you, Andrea." Ludwina closed her eyes and whispered the paragraph from Pablo Neruda earlier to Andrea. "It was a love poem that I really liked, but I never understood how it feels until I finally met you. Now, every love poem seems to be written to represent my feelings for you."

Andrea smiled and nodded. He was also feeling the same thing.

That day, Andrea worked at home and Ludwina decided to continue resting because her head was still dizzy from the hangover. When the evening came and she felt better, Ludwina left the bedroom to find Andrea, who was still busy with his work.

"It's late, should I check in to the hotel now or should I stay here?" asked Ludwina, sitting next to Andrea on the sofa.

"Just stay here, I can cook dinner, and you can taste your future husband's cooking," replied Andrea as he closed his laptop. "Unless you prefer to be in the hotel?"

"No, I'll just stay here..." answered Ludwina with a happy face. It was just testing the water, of course. She preferred to stay in Andrea's apartment and spend the night with him. They could watch movies and chat late into the night while drinking wine.