Chapter 8

People at the academy began spreading rumors I was the one responsible for Stein's disappearance. I had nothing to do with it, what made it worse was I had no proof. I couldn't prove I wasn't with Stein and I couldn't prove I wasn' the one who kidnapped or took him to wherever that stupid which took him to. Monday came and went--I stayed cooped up in my apartment. Thinking of ways I could reveal the nurse was actually an evil witch that was trying to destroy the academy from the inside. And she took the most powerful miester. That has issues controlling his insanity. Like my life couldn't get any more complicated.

5:34 PM

I sat alone on my couch staring at the living room wall. There was a poster of a wolf--not that I paid much attention to it until now. It seemed interestingl; that was probably because I had nothing better to do. About twenty seconds later something struck me, I wasn't sure what but it had. When I was younger my father told me about stories of how he met my mother--she was walking along the side of the woods. Alone covered in blood and gashes, he stopped and helped her. It wasn't until after she was in the car he asked her what happened. She simply replied, 'Me.' Then began wiping the blood off of her clothes with the towel my father had handed her. It didn't strike me as odd until now. Maybe she was a creature of some sort, thought I was 90% sure she wasn't a witch....maybe a shape shifter? Or a skin walker? I frowned at the thought. My (e/c) eyes flickering back to the wolf poster.

A Werewolf?

I examined the poster, lost in deep thought. Well if she was a creature of some sort wouldn't father tell me? Mother of course couldn't since she disappeared when I was 13. Father said she was going on a trip and she would be back soon--but she never returned. And I could tell by the look on my father's face that she had left for good. She was never returning. Maybe it was my responsibility to figure out? Who knows. I sighed loudly throwing myself to my feet; I dragged myself to the kitchen making tea. I stared at the kettle until it began screaming/whistling. Grabbing a cup like always I poured the hot contents into the glass cup, it sloshed over the side and splattered onto my hand. I jumped back yelping, "Oww...son of a..." I mumbled shaking my hand, hoping the pain would disappear. Looking closely I noticed the burn mark had begun to fade away, it still hurt but not as bad. "Huh, that's strange..."

"(Y/N)? You in here?" Kidd called, his head poked around the corner. His golden/yellow eyes moving to the mess I had made. It was only a matter of time until he lost it and began cleaning my kitchen from head to toe. He grit his teeth marching over, "Look what you did! You didn't even fold them right!' He picked up the towels laying on the counter. I huffed, shaking my head. His eyes flickered back to me, glancing down at the hand I was holding against my stomach. "What's wrong?" He frowned.

"I spilled some hot water, it's nothing. I'm fine." I replied, shaking my hand one last time before lowering it to my side. His eyes lit up and he snatched my hand up examining it. "H-Hey!!"

"There are no burn marks or signs of being hurt. Are you sure you spilled it on your hand, (Y/N)?" I nodded.

"I'm sure. I remember the water feeling like it was burning my flesh off. It's not a pretty feeling," I pulled my hand back crossing my arms. Biting my lip, I did it when I was anxious or felt like something was wrong. Kidd carefully folded the towels before setting them back down on my counter, "Why are you here? Are you here to acuse me of kidnapping the academy's best miester?"

"Actually I was here to inform you, your father is here to speak to you. We found him a couple miles away from here injuried. So we brought him back and had the nurse take a look at him. He wants to speak to you. He said it was important."

"Really? You found my father? He's been missing for about three years and my mother....." Kidd smiled faintly brushing himself off, like my apartment was infested with dust and mud.

"Well he wishes to speak to you before he departs in the morning," He treaded towards the door hesitating before he opened the door. His eyes moved around the room then back to me, "Your bookshelf, it needs fixed. I'll come by and fix it. I need the tools." I chuckled nodding, once he left I finally calmed down. Maybe I could figure out what the hell I was? Surely a human doesn't heal up that fast.