Chapter 5

Outside, soft fluffy white clouds passed over head. It was about dark. There was no way I was going to be caught walking around at night in this place. Who knew what lurked in the darkness? Witches? My feet pattered against the cold ground, it was almost fall. Stein's house wasn't that far from here. I pressed my stack of papers against my chest pushing myself to move on. As I did I became more aware someone was following me. Their shadow lurked behind mine-slow but noticeable. They weren't as sneaky as they thought they were. A small white cloud formed from my warm breath. Another shadow darted across the wall. This time I was sure it was someone I knew. Someone that worked at the DWMA. Urging myself to continue I rushed down a side road. Coming out right beside his house.

Other than the stitches it was pretty nice, I would admire his house but with everyone blaming me I rushed inside locking the door behind me. Inside, a dim shadow projected itself on the wall. It had to be him. The shadow slightly moved to the left-then to the right. As if they were a swaying tree in the wind, "Stein?" I called softly, unsure of what was to come. "S-S-Stein are you in here?" No answer. The shadow flashed across the wall in a quick second. Then it was gone. A hand clamped over my mouth dragging me into a dark abyss.

"Shhhh...you'll be just fine, (Y/N)." Stein's hushed tone found my ears. Then darkness consumed me.