Chapter 7

After watching him run off down the darken halls, I followed. Skimming my hand across the cold damp walls, listening to creatures scurry across the discolored ground. A sigh left my lips, "Stein......" Halfway down the hall, stood a dark medium sized figure. Their eyes glowed a vibrant yellow; it was just the way they stood that gave it away. "M-Medusa....." I gasped, stepping back-but I knew I had to continue. Medusa did this to Stein so maybe she could undo it.

There was no way she was going to. She's a witch for Pete's sake! She grinned, lifting her head, her piercing gaze met mine. "You were always so blind towards Stein, his madness is taking over." Medusa's soft but venomous voice stated.

"Let him go," I growled clenching a fist, shifting uneasily, "Or I'll...I'll...." Her grin only widen.

"Or you'll what? You don't Even have a weapon, and you're not a mister. You're just a regular human. The academy doesn't even know what you are yet. I've read your files, (Y/N)."

"Shut up..." I hissed, turning around and crossed my arms.

"The Academy suspects you to be part of Stein's disappearance. There was a witness," Medusa spun around, her yellow eyes glaring back at me, "Me." I swallowed the lump forming in my throat.

"They wouldn't believe a witch!!"

"Oh but I wasn't a witch when I walked in there, I was only the school nurse. A helpless little thing." She brushed off her shoulder walking off down the hall.

"So you're controlling Stein for your dirty work?" I yelled though she didn't reply. "Medusa answer me!!!" She chuckled disappearing around the hallway corner. I fell to my knees, holding my face in my palms.