Chapter 6

I moaned, opening my eyes. Pounding filled my skull like a flood. My vision was blurred, though a figure hovered over me. Their hands right above my face, eyes scanning over me. "S-Stein...?" I gasped, sitting up. The Professor silenced me, pushing me back down onto the lab table. His cold hungry gaze fell upon the scalpel in his right hand. "Stein this isn't you!!" I fell off the back of the table, moving towards the door.

Before I could make it, he had me pinned against the wall. Both arms over my head, the sharp metal object skimming across my exposed neck area. I shivered, jerking at my arms. "Please...." I begged, looking up into his lightly colored eyes, "Please..."

He pressed the metal harder and harder against my skin, drawing blood. A grin widen upon his features. I yelped, pushing him backwards and ran towards the door. It seemed so far away. A hand wrapped around my ankle, causing me to fall to the floor, Stein dragged her back.

"Stein! This isn't you!! Please remember!! The madness is getting to you!" I yelled, he pulled her to her feet by her shirt. "This isn't the man I fell in love with...." He dropped me, grabbing his head-then ran out of the room. "Stein!!!" I ran after him.