Chapter 34

Aspen kicked in the door as her, Morgan, Hotch, and JJ badge into the room, guns aimed and ready to fire.

"FBI, put your hands where I can see them!" Aspen yelled, as the woman smiled and held her hands up high, Morgan walked around behind her handcuffing her hands behind her back.

Aspen looked over at Spencer, who was sitting on the bed, his hands up as well as he smirked at Aspen, shirtless. She returned the look as she lowered her weapon, walking over to him to make sure he was okay as the rest of the team searched the room, making sure it was clear.

After they figured out how the unsub was getting around all these hotels, they have Garcia run the files on the immediate medical contract with each hotel. They found out that their woman was one Liza Bennett, who was signed up with every one of the hotels where the murders happened. She has also been reported for being caught stealing some of the medical drugs that are provided for the nurses.

They found that she only worked at one other hotel, so they set up a trap. They told the hotel about the circumstance, having them shut off the emergency medical line to all of the rooms except one.

Most of the unsub's victims were white males between 28 to 35, so they figured Spencer would be the best to go undercover. He would be stationed in the only room with a medical line by himself, the rest of the team would be in the rooms next to his, listening in the entire time to make sure he was as safe as possible. He also had a gun under one of the pillows if he needed it.

All Spencer had to do was fake alcohol poisoning to get her up to the room and say the code word 'red wine' when he was for sure she was unarmed and could be taken in. They also had their own medical on site, just in case things went south.

"Are you okay?" Aspen asked, checking his face, neck and body to make sure he was not hurt in any way, shape, or form as she was worried the entire time, praying things didn't take a turn for the worse.

He smiled as she ran her hand around him, checking again and again for anything. "I'm fine, Rowan. But I do need a shirt." He said, the sound of her last name sounded odd, but she realized it was because they had to address each other professionally.

She reached over, grabbing the grey shirt from the nightstand, handing it to him. He threw it over his head, tugging it down as he stood from the bed. "Good work, Doctor." Spencer said. She looked up at him, shaking her hair from her face.

She rolled her eyes, she hated being addressed by her title; it always felt odd to her. She was just thankful her plan worked and no one had gotten hurt in the process.

JJ walked up to the two giving them each a smile," we got her. She has everything on her as well as the things that were taken from the previous crime scene."

"Thanks, JJ." Aspen said, giving her a nod. JJ returned it before turning and walking away. Ace returned her attention to Spencer. "You sure you're good?"

He chuckled. "Yes, I'm fine. Now let's get back to the station."

When they got back to the station, Hotch informed all the people there what had happened and that they have the unsub in custody for them. It was like a weight lifted off of all of them at once as the atmosphere of the station lightened.

Aspen, Spencer, Emily, and Morgan worked on getting their rooms cleaned up, taking everything down and organizing all of their papers and things.

"I'm going to go run it by Hotch, just to make sure these go in the right file." Aspen said as she walked out of the room, leaving the three to continue to clean up.

Spencer nodded as she continued to pull the photos down from the board, putting them in a neat pile on the table. Morgan and Emily had their heads deep in files going through the information to make sure everything was correct.