chapter 14

After that day Aspen came back to work with Spencer, happy to be back.

The team was still mad at Spencer. Aspen couldn't blame them because she was mad too, but he apologized to her and made it right. When they got back, he also apologized to all of them profusely saying he never meant to hurt her or any of them knowing that hurting one of them was hurting all of them and that he was going to try every day to make it up to her as well as them.

Everyone accepted his apology and things went back to normal, or as normal as they get. The team went back to talking normally with Spencer, no longer avoiding him.

Aspen and Spencer started to hang out more outside of work, setting up movie nights whenever they were free, knowing how inconsistent their jobs were. At work, they were also seeing each other more and they would go by each other's desks to talk to each other between paperwork, sometimes doing it together.

Today was one of those days.

They were at Aspen's desk; Spencer was sitting on her desk talking about the new Doctor Who convention that was coming up in November. He was planning to go, hoping they didn't get a case over the convention weekend.

Aspen, however, was vaguely listening to him, nodding along as he talked, her eyes glued to his lips.

She realized. She really wanted to kiss him. She didn't realize it until the other night when he spent the night.

She woke up around one in the morning, having a bad dream. She looked over at Spencer, who was facing towards her, his eyes were closed and his mouth was slightly open as he breathed out in a slow rhythmic pattern.

She watched him sleep. He looked so different sleeping, like all his worries have faded away. A piece of hair had fallen over his face, she lightly tucked it back behind his ear. She rested her hand on the side of his face, cupping it as she scanned over every feature of his.

That's when she realized... She liked him as more than a friend... and wanted to kiss him.

Now here she was, staring at his wonderful lips, thinking of them on other places than just her mouth.

"Aspen?!'' Spencer said a bit louder waving his hand in front of her face snapping, her back into reality. "What's gotten into you?'' He asked.

"Oh... nothing, sorry. Just a bit tired." She said, running her hands down her thighs before standing up. "I'm gonna go to Pen's office for a bit, okay?''

He nodded. "Okay, see you." He said, standing and walking to his own desk.

She got up from her desk and walked towards the bat cave.

Aspen open the door,"Hey, Pen." Aspen said as she walked over to her spare seat at the second desk.

"Whatcha doing?"

Penelope spun around in her chair sighing loudly. "We have been doing paperwork for two weeks. I love my cyberspace but I feel like my head is going to pop off my shoulders looking at these screens." She said. Aspen laughed.

" I feel you, Pen. I feel like my head is going to explode if I have to look at another file." Aspen said.

The past two weeks has been the longest break from a case they have had since she has been here.

"Maybe we can do something?" Garcia suggested. "We can have a girl's night tonight! It's been so long since the four of us have had one, it will be fun!" Garcia boasted, Aspen's mouth grew into an excited smile.

"That would be great, Pen!" She squeaked.

"Okay, okay. I will ask Emily and JJ if they are free tonight. How does 7 at my place sound?' Garcia asked.