Chapter 29

The next morning Spencer woke up a bit later than normal, that being the best sleep he has gotten in a long time. Aspen was still asleep so he slid out of the bed and decided to go to her house to get her things now so they didn't need to do it later, since he knew where the spare key was.

He needed to take a shower anyway, since he hasn't showered since JJ got him out of the prison and over to his place to get nicer clothes and a shower. So, he figured he would do that while she was sleeping. When he headed to hers to get her stuff, he could stop by his for a quick shower.

He creeped out of the bed, trying not to wake her as he moved before giving her a kiss on the forehead before leaving.

When he got to her apartment after going by his, he figured he could bring her stuff to the hospital so she had something to do other than sit in a bed all day, knowing she hated that.

He walked into her apartment. The place was dark and cold from her not coming home to it since she hasn't been here for a little over a week.

He went to work opening up all the windows, trying to get some light into it. The kitchen and living room were pretty much clean other than the spoiled food in the refrigerator, so he didn't need to do much there.

Her room though was a different story. All of her clothes were scattered around the room along with her shoes. The bed wasn't made, and there were pillows everywhere on the floor as well.

He sighed looking at the mess before he started to pick off the clothes and threw them into the laundry basket, not knowing which ones were dirty and which ones weren't. He figured he would just wash all of them.

It amazed him how small her clothes were compared to his as he picked them up off the floor. He never really realized it because he is so used to her being so petite, so when he looks at things like her shoes and clothes it still surprised him.

He checked around the room, making sure he had everything in the basket before he went to work on taking the sheets off the bed.

He pulled back the fluffy comforter and the top sheet to find one of his shirts underneath them. He reached for the shirt, holding it up.

It was his Washington shirt. He didn't even realize she had it; he just figured he lost it somewhere.

But she has had it this whole time. And come to think of it, the shirt was the only thing he had ever given her, so when he left...

It was all she had of him.

He looked at the shirt, remembering why she had it in the first place because of that crazy night long ago. He smiled to himself, throwing it into the laundry basket as he continued to take the sheet and pillow off of the bed.

She wasn't going to need the shirt anymore because he will be there for her, promising to himself that he was never going to leave her in a situation where she will have to cling to a shirt. He was going to be there for her just like the shirt was, he promised himself that.

And he wasn't going to break it.

Aspen flipped through the channels on the TV, finding nothing to watch. She has been in there about a day and was already bored and itching to get out.

When she woke up, Spencer had already left, probably back home so he could shower and relax after five months of hell. She didn't blame him. She was just hoping he was doing okay, not really having the time to ask him.

She settled on a crime show, not being able to find anything better to watch.

The show was completely inaccurate the more she watched it, yelling every so often at the TV.

"Oh, come on that's blood looks fake as hell."

"Bitch run, it's not that hard."

"The unsub is a man not a woman, good god."

Was pretty much the extent of the comments she was making towards the TV as she got frustrated over the stupid show.

"Oh, come on that's NOT how you hold a gun!" She threw her hands up into the air.

"Then show me how exactly you hold a gun."

She whipped her head over to the voice, tearing her eyes from the screen. It was Spencer, leaning against the door frame.

She held her hands up, aiming a finger gun at him while the other hand held it like an actual gun. She bent her thumb pretending it was a trigger. "Bang!" She said.

He pretended to be shot as he fell to the floor holding his shoulder."Ahhh! I've been shot!" He cried, laughing as he laid on the floor, sticking his tongue out as he closed his eyes like he was a dead cartoon character.

Aspen let out a small laugh as she watched Spencer's performance. "Okay, Spence, I think you can get up now."

He opened his eyes smiling at her before hoisting himself off of the floor and over to the side of her bed where she was sitting.

"How are you feeling today?" He asked, looking down at her.

"Better, a lot better actually. I think I really needed the rest."

He smiled at her. "Well, the doctor said depending on how you are feeling you may be able to get released."

"Hopefully." She said with a sigh as she swung her legs over the edge of the bed, being careful of her bad one.

"Take it easy." Spencer said as he went to help her stand. "You don't want to hurt yourself, again do you?"

She scrunched her face at him. "I know, I know but my other leg hurts from sitting so much. I want to stretch."

She walked around the room slowly, holding onto him as she did. He had his arm around her waist to make sure that she wasn't going to fall.

There was a knock at the door and the pair turned around to see the doctor standing there, a clipboard in his hands.

"Okay Anastasia, we looked over your charts and you are good to leave. But you need to stay off that leg for at least a month and a half. You have someone to take care of you, correct?"

She nodded her head. "Yes, I do. So, I should be good to go then." She smiled up at spencer.

"Okay then." The doctor said, looking over at Spencer. "If you will come with me, we can go over medication for her while she gets ready." He walked out of the room as Spencer turned to look at her.

"Can you get dressed by yourself? I brought one of your dresses for you and undergarments." He said, his face flushing slightly.

"You already went by my place and got my things?"

"Yes."

She smiled at him. "Why, thank you, Doctor and yes I can get dressed on my own go catch up with the doctor." She walked over, grabbing the clothes that were laid over the back of the chair, holding onto one of the crutches at the door before walking back to the small bathroom.

Spencer watched her as she walked around, being careful of her leg. "Be ready when I get back, Anna." He said as he walked towards the door, turning around to look at her. "I hate hospitals."

She nodded her head. "Definitely." She said before disappearing behind the door.

Spencer smiled as he walked out of the room, laughing to himself.