Chapter 17

***

I finally ended up not going in until we reached home. Kayla didn't say anything, neither did Tristan. I guess they understood. Dad didn't even care to say a word to me. He didn't even bother to come get me himself. What was even the point of even going there. I thought maybe going there was going to make a little difference. I guess it's just the way it is. At least I still have two people that care about me in my family. 'Look on the bright side.'  I hear Ash's voice ring in my brain. Well, maybe I should look on the bright side since Kate's coming over on Wednesday. Of course, how could I have forgotten to tell Josh she'll be coming over. 

"shit!" I mumble under my breath putting one of my hands on my head before walking up to Josh's room. I gently knock on the door but there's no reply. I knock again but there's still no reply. "Why isn't he answering?" I say to myself as I open the door and walk into the room. I look around the room but I don't see him anywhere until I come across the painting of a girl. I walk closer to it to get a better view. 

She's so pretty. How comes I didn't see this painting the last time I came here. It looks so realistic. Her beautiful long red wavy hair was all packed to the side probably as a result of the wind.  Her green eyes and the straight face she put on all rhyming in perfect harmony. She looked sad but yet still so adorable. She is like the prettiest girl I've ever seen. 

I'm still admiring the painting until I hear someone clear his throat. "What are doing here?" Josh asks with nothing but a towel on as my eyes scan through his body with my mouth widely opened. It's obvious he just came out of the bathroom. I continue starring until he interrupts me again. "Um, excuse me?" He says giving me a weird look. "I-I-I..." I say stammering. "You what?" He asks as I swallow the lump in my throat. 

"I-I was um, looking for you because..." I pause looking down to the floor so I'll be able to concentrate. "Because, I wanted to tell you my sister would be coming over on Wednesday." I say to see him run his hand through his hair. "That wasn't my question Winter. I asked you why you were in my room?" 

"I came to look for you but then I got distracted with the painting." I answer honestly to see Josh let out a sigh. "That painting?" He asks pointing to the beautiful girl. "Yes." 

"You know what, just go to your room." Josh said sitting on the couch with his head bent down. "Are you okay?" 

"I asked you to get to your room Winter, not to ask me another question." He said with his voice a little louder than it was before. "Fine I'll get out! but just because someone is trying to act nice to you doesn't mean you should feel like you're some sort of Alpha or something. Rude!" I say getting out and banging the door very loud so he'll know I'm angry. Like he'll even care.

I walk to my room and hop on my bed. God, Josh's so annoying. Well, maybe I was wrong a little bit for going into his room without any reply but it's Josh. He's full of surprises. He can be in the room and still choose not to reply. My phone rings and I take it from my pocket to see who it is. Ashley. "I thought as much." I say picking the call. 

"Hey girl."

"Hey Ash." I say sounding kinda cold. "Why's your voice cold?"

"I went to see my parents." I say smiling slightly so no tear would escape from my eyes. "How was it...." She said pausing before she continues. "Of course it was, it's them." She said with full confirmation in her voice.

"Can you believe my dad travelled without me? and my mom was trying to give some useless flimsy excuse to Josh's parent as to why she wasn't able to call me. I ran out after that and neither my dad nor my mom came to get me but they sent Josh instead. I remained outside until we got back to Josh's house."

"Oh my God, I'm so sorry Winter. I thought things were actually going to go on well and maybe you'll even get to settle things with them but apparently they aren't ready."

"Don't apologize Ash, it'd make me feel sad the more. It's just the way they are."

"You know, I hate it when I hear you sound so sad. Look on the bright side, at least Josh's mom is nice." She says as a genuine smile finds its way to my face. "Well, it's good cause at least you don't have to hear your mom yelling all the time." She says as my smile widens and turns into a laugh. "I know right. You sure do know how to cheer me up." I say still chuckling. "Of course! you're my best friend and I'll do anything to make my best friend  happy."

"Awwn, thanks you're the best Ash." 

"Have I told Kate's coming over on Wednesday?" 

"No."

"Well she is." I say sounding a little awkward. "Omg, you're so lucky. I might come over to see her when she comes."

"Yay, Thank you so much. It's been long we actually met in person."

"Um Winter, it's just been a week now."

"I know right, but it's like we've not met in years. I miss you so much."

"I miss you more winter but I'm not making promises. I'll come if I can make it."

"Please, just come. You'd even have the opportunity of meeting him for the first time."

"Yeah, you're right. I really do want to see how he looks."

"Bye."

"Bye, till then." I say cutting the call.

Hey guys hope ya'll are enjoying the story. I'm so sorry I won't be able to update my book in the next two months because I'll be  going back to school today. Please bear with me. I'll be back before you know it. Thanks.