But...

It was obvious that this was some secret and even though I was terrified of Grey right now, I still didn't want to give up his secrets.

"I don't want to talk about it." I said softly.

"But I did save you right?"

"Yeah of course."

"Sooo that makes me your hero then?

I smiled. "I'm fruity. Just leave the hero stuff to me"

His laughter filled the square box we were driving in.

Back to the present...

I didn't even know how I felt about Grey at the moment. I was terrified, angry and...heartbroken.

But I knew one thing for sure.

I needed that stay far away from him.
.
.
.
~~~~~~~~~~
Grey.

"Fuck!" I swept my arm over my desk and sent all the items on it clattering to the ground.

"Grey"

You shifted in front of Gracie.

I sent a glass smashing against the wall.

"Grey!"

"Stay away from me" she said.

Broke a chair in half.

"ALPHA!"

"Get out." I snarl.

"Alpha, we need to-"

"I said GET THE FUCK OUT!"

I sent a vase in his direction and it smashed against the door as he quickly shut it behind him.

I collapse on the only piece of furniture remaining in the room- the desk.

Gracie was scared- no terrified of me. What I saw in her eyes was pure terror. As if she thought I would or could hurt her.

A stabbing pain shoots through my heart as I think about the way she looked at me again.

I had been so blinded by anger and my wolf took over when that pup mentioned Gracie; my mate and the word die in the same sentence that I had completely forgotten she was there.

And then I had let her get away.

Who was driving that car??

~~~~~~~~~~

I descended the stairs into the cell where we were holding the rut that had caused all this mayhem.

I would have killed him immediately but we needed answers.

Answers which he had.

Oh but he would die eventually. Nobody could do what he did tonight and expect to get out of here alive.

The rut had the audacity to smirk when he saw me.

His entire face was still bloody from the beating I gave him.

"I must be really special." He laughed- or attempted to but it came out as a wheeze "I get the full attention of the Alpha."

"Shut up." I pulled the chair one of my men had set there for me and sat on it backwards, rolling up my sleeves. "See, now, we could do this the easy way, or the hard way. But something tells me you're a hard way sort of guy. Do you want to prove me wrong?"

He looked at me blankly.

I laughed, "I was right. I'm always right."

I held my hand out and one of my men put a knife- handle first, into my hand.

"Okay, now let me explain how we're going to do this. This is a pure silver blade. A few slices will end you in the most excruciating way."

I got up and walked towards him, seeing fear already enter his eyes. Silver was a werewolf's worst nightmare. "So, I'm going to ask you a few questions- just a few, and if you lie, or don't cooperate in any way,.... slice."

I grinned as I reached him, "Capish? Great! Question 1, who sent you?"

He cackled "He is the great chosen one and he will be the end of you!"

I made a buzzer sound with my mouth "Wrong answer! You see, I was looking for a name"

I ran the blade deep across his forearm, making him scream and thrash.

"Okay, we'll go on to the next question, okay?"

"You psycho!" He screamed.

I laughed "No need for compliments right now, pup. Question 2, what pack are you from?"

There was silence and I raised the blade.

"The Shadow pack" he shouted and I grinned again.

"See, you've learnt to play the game! Isn't it fun?"

"Third question, what is your plan with Tamara Grace?"

He smiled, showing a row of blood coated teeth "The plan has already begun and it's like a set of dominoes. One piece will fall on another piece, one event will lead to the next until! You are dead, your pack destroyed, and your dear Gracie begging to die while my Alpha fuc-"

"See and there I thought you had learned to play the game" I smiled, before sticking the knife straight into his heart.

"Grey!" Mason shouted "We could have gotten more answers from him!"

I ignored him and stalked out of the room.

Game on, chosen one.