Call me TaeTae

Depuis le début

"That's a pretty bold statement, for someone who couldn't confidently say it" I tease as he still avoids eye contact with me.

"I didn't mean it the way it came out," his head snaps up and his eyes are blown wide.

"I believe you were expecting me, Jin said he told you someone would come," he extends his hand out to me nervously.

"I'm the first one who has come to help you with your request. Taehyung but you can call me TaeTae" he flashes me his boxy smile and I just melt at his cuteness.

"He did, but I wasn't sure who or when someone would show up," I reach out and take his large hand shaking it.

"When are you off? I have something planned for us" Taehyung bounces on the tips of his toes in excitement. I glance at my watch, seeing I should have clocked out five minutes ago.

"Now actually give me a few minutes to grab my stuff and I'll meet you outside," I say to Taehyung as the other girl shows up to switch.

❀⊱┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄⊰❀

"This is your plan?" I look a Taehyung skeptically.

We are standing outside of an arcade, the bright neon lights flashing across my face. I hadn't been to one since I was a kid and didn't really see the point of being here when it was clearly meant for children.

"Well, it was decided that I would meet you first and I am here to make things fun!" Taehyung gently takes my hand pulling me into the arcade excitedly.

We start with the Jurassic Park game, which turned out to be lots of fun. We had to escape the T-Rex that's chasing the car we're in. It wasn't too hard to shoot the flying dinos that attacked you, but the timed targets you had to specifically hit on the T-Rex turned out to be our downfall. Taehyung always went for the targets on my side of the screen completely missing his own. We missed one target by like three seconds and the Rex ate us.

"You're horrible at this!" I push his shoulder laughing at his little pout.

"You weren't paying attention! I said I would shoot the right targets," he groans crossing his arms over his chest.

"Tae I'm literally standing on the right side why would I shoot across?" I question, a slight smirk on my face.

He ponders my question for a few seconds before draping his arm across my shoulder and pulling me closer.

"Whatever let's try something else!" he says as his eyes light up with excitement.

I tense and move away from him making his arm fall off my shoulder as we move to another game. We tried tons of games and I found out Tae is a very touchy persona and a terribly sore loser, he was always accusing me of cheating anytime I won.

As I started to get tired I couldn't help but feel like he was right, I was having fun and I felt myself relaxing around his goofy behavior. I started to feel less anxious about signing up for this as it didn't seem too bad.

"Now that we are friends, I need to ask you a few questions." He gives me a serious look from across the table as I take a bite of my pizza.

Spoke too soon!

"I guess, shoot," I can feel my pulse quicken, as my flight instinct kicks in telling me to get out of here.

I feel like people want to know the darkest part of yourself for nothing. Thinking it will somehow make you closer to them. It does the exact opposite to me it only makes me want to run and avoid these conversations. 

He's here to help. I'm picking at my pizza as I anxiously wait for him to ask what's on his mind.

"Hey don't be nervous. I just want to know what you mean by passion, what exactly are you trying to find? You only have to tell me what you're comfortable with," Tae says with a soft voice, eyes full of compassion.

The silence is oppressive while I think about how to answer him. What can I say without letting him know too much?

"I just, I don't really know what I'm looking for. I just feel like there's no spark in me. It died a long time ago and I'd like to have it back."

"A spark hmm. We can help you with that" Tae shoots me a goofy wink with his boxy smile.

"In all seriousness let me tell you how this will work Hun. There are seven of us and we all have different skills and techniques. Each of us will meet with you to help in different ways," he takes my small hands into his large warm ones, his thumb stroking the top of my hand.

"When will I have time for myself?" I pull my hands out of his uncomfortable with the physical contact he seems keen on.

"It won't be all day and it's just until we figure out what works for you." He states disappointment clearly on his face at the withdrawal of my hands.

"I dunno how I feel about this anymore," annoyance slipping into my tone.

"Just try and give this a shot. It's our job to fulfill your request and we have never left someone unsatisfied." Tae stands up throwing our trash as we make our way out of the arcade.

We are standing out front awkwardly when he leans in to hug me, but I quickly put my arms up stopping him.

"I'm not a hugger Tae. I had a fun time I guess I'll see you around" I quickly turn, walking towards my house not trying to linger.

Throwing myself on my bed after my shower I can feel my body relaxing but my mind can't. Was I too harsh on him? I shouldn't have gotten annoyed. I signed up for this. Tae runs through my mind, his boxy smile, his deep soothing voice, and piercing eyes. I huff in frustration. I'll make it up to him when I see him again.

❀⊱┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄⊰❀

Surprise double update my little Coconuts!

Who should come on Tuesday? let me know in the comments!

As always I 💜 You!