XIX - talk

"He probably needs some personal space..." Layla suggested quietly. Talking about how Calum wasn't showing up to work for the past week.

"Excuse me?" Rae asked bitterly, like Layla's suggestion disgusted her.

"Its just an opinion-"

"What do you know? You're lesbian!" Rae interjected.

I internally groaned at her words. She was definitely gonna regret what she was saying.

We were sitting in a booth at Domino's and Layla and I decided to visit Rae and catch up. Something we never did before.

Rae was on her break right now and she looked like she'd rather be doing anything but talk about her situation about Calum with Layla.

Layla was taken aback by Rae's remark but said nothing.

"My break's over." Rae huffed and began standing up, she smoothed her shirt down and walked back to her spot behind the cash register without saying another word to us.

I stared at Layla, trying to make sure she wasn't about to cry or anything. She seemed to be sensitive when it came to someone mentioning her sexual orientation and somehow insulting her.

But she seemed fine as she ate her margarita pizza in silence.

"You okay?" I asked.

"Yeah, Rae gets mad at me easily. Its normal." She shrugged, taking a bite of hre pizza.

I nodded and ate my own pizza. We all knew how Rae was. She wasn't the most stable in the group, and if anyone knew her the best, it would be Calum and Layla.

"Is it weird that I feel like I've seen you around, before Michael introduced us to each other?" Layla spoke up to break the silence.

I thought hard about it. And it may be possible that we have met before but we just forgot.

"Maybe we met at a party?" I suggested, thinking that it may be the most logical explanation.

"Maybe..." Layla trailed off and we fell into another awkward silence.

"So, how's Michael?" Layla broke it again.

I sighed deeply at the mention of his name.

Michael has been giving me mixed signals lately.

He'd either act like we've been dating for a week, or that we're best friends that knew each other's dirtiest secrets.

It was driving me crazy. Michael was driving me crazy.

"I don't know, I haven't spoken to him since Friday." I answered as honestly as I could.

Last Friday, we all went over to Ashton's place. His parents were out of town and instead of throwing a massive party like a normal teenager, he invited us over to play video games and order Chinese food.

And to be frank, it was actually fun.

"He'll come around." Layla ensured me.

"I just don't know anymore." I sighed.

If Michael was just gonna ignore me because he's scared or something, then I think should just give up before I get my heart broken. Again.

"You know Michael. He's a nervous wreck when it comes to these things." Layla said.

"But I don't know Michael like that. I know him as the guy that insults me and loves me like how a brother should with his sister." I groaned, covering my face with my hands.