XXX - fix this

To be honest, I'm a little confused about my relationship with Michael Clifford.

The car ride was painfully silent. I sat in the backseat and Donna kept glancing at the rearview mirror to have a glimpse of me and glare.

Michael wasn't in the car, Donna said that she didn't bail him out but did call his household to pick him up.

I was mad. Not at Michael but at Aunt Donna.

While I was waiting in the car, she scolded at him and I witnessed the whole thing through the deputy's large window. She slapped him straight in the face and he did nothing. He stood his ground, never faltering, but he fucking did nothing.

"What did you say to him?" I asked blankly, gazing out the window to avoid making eye-contact through the mirror again.

She took her own sweet time to answer, "To avoid you..." was all she said, and the rest of the ride was awkwardly silent again.

As soon as we reached the building's garage, I charged out of the car in hopes of avoiding Donna.

"India!"

I didn't want to hear it.

I pressed the elevator button and didn't wait for her to get in.

I closed my eyes and leaned on the wall of the elevator. She was insane, she had to be.

The elevator was also torturing me, stopping on the main floor and collecting people from the lobby. It got tighter and I just wanted to scream. I want to be alone.

The people that got in were a huge family, and the kids kept shoving each other around.

"Mommy! Michael's not giving me my cap back!"

It felt like a dagger was pierced through my heart at the sound of his name.

The doors opened and I bolted out, I could not believe this.

I ran to the door and grew even more frustrated when I realized I had no key.

I kicked at the door and screamed.

I don't want to have to face Donna.

I turned quick on my heels and ran for the fire escape in the building. I ran up until I reached the top, the roof.

It was colder up here than it was down there, but it doesn't matter.

I want to fix this... but I don't even know what this is anymore. I doubt I ever did in the start.

The gravel made sounds to show it's displacements as I walked across the roof.

The moon was pretty tonight, but it wasn't the same. The stars weren't here tonight, they were the things that added mystery to the moon.

I was pretty sure I still remembered what Michael taught me that night.

I felt my breathing pick up pace, but ignored it as I tried figuring out what phase the moon was in.

It was less than half, like basic cartoon moons. It must be a crescent. But I don't know if it's waxing or waning, I haven't been paying attention to this month's moon patterns.

I sighed in frustration and roughly planted my ass on the graveled-floor, cross-legged with my elbows propped up on my knees and my hands holding up my head.

I let out another sigh to see the water vapor, but the weather is just a little too warm for that again.

I have no idea what I should do, I feel so lost right now without Michael. Like it all just restarted... no more amazing weekends, no more adventure, no more Michael...