Chapter Three

Louis woke up abruptly. He checked the alarm clock and it read 3:00 AM.

He looked over at Scott, who was laying on his stomach, his head looking the other direction.

Louis felt a wave of sadness while watching him. He missed when Scott would cuddle him before bed. He missed falling asleep in his arms. When he would shower him with affection. Kiss him goodnight. Now they just fall asleep, far apart in the bed. They weren't even touching. No kisses, no goodnight's. Nothing...

Louis couldn't go back to sleep. That sometimes happened, and when it happened he'd usually just get up and start breakfast.

So he did just that.

He decided to make Scott a big breakfast to make up for everything. He always felt guilty and hoped one day Scott would love him like he used to. Louis made bacon and eggs, hash browns, and toast. He was proud of himself. He prayed Scott would love it.

When Scott woke up, Louis showed him his meal proudly.

"Good morning," Louis said and kissed his cheek. "It's been awhile since I made you a big breakfast. I hope you like it."

Scott didn't show much enthusiasm. He smiled and said thank you, giving Louis a small kiss. Louis frowned and poured him a glass of milk. That was it?

Louis sat down across from him and began to eat.

"I have to work overtime, so I won't be home until about five," Scott said. "So don't worry about lunch."

Louis nodded and smiled. Scott would sometimes work overtime for more money. That meant Louis had more free time. He'd usually clean up or watch some TV. He'd even sneak a phone call to his mum.

Louis smiled. He didn't have to worry about anything for a few short hours.
___________________________________

He went to the bakery.

But this time he was going to get himself some lunch for a change. Louis has been dying to try their cinnamon rolls and small sandwiches. Louis could've got himself something before, but he was afraid of Scott's reaction. Scott was sort of controlling when it came to Louis' eating habits.

"Hi, Louis," Harry greeted as soon as he walked in.

Louis blushed and waved. "Hello."

Louis got in line. He decided he'd try their cinnamon rolls and turkey sandwich.

Louis ordered and paid. He then picked up his food when it was ready.

"How are you today, Louis?" Harry asked.

Louis smiled shyly. "I'm good. You?"

"Good," Harry said and smiled. He continued working.

Louis sat down at the table and began eating. It was delicious. He was definitely going to get this more often.

The bakery was super busy that day, so Louis didn't get a chance to speak to Harry until he started closing up.

Louis once again stayed the whole time. He had nowhere else to be anyway. He'd rather be here than cooped up in a house with only his plants to talk to. He watched Harry clean the counters and start mopping the floors.

"I can help you," Louis said shyly and stood up. "I'm good at cleaning."

"Oh, that's okay," Harry said and waved him off. "I'm almost done."