Chapter Thirty

Harry told Louis that morning that he was going to the store to get bread and milk, and that he should stay home and sleep in. Harry secretly wanted to go to the book store to get Louis a surprise.

Louis has been through so much already, and he was still so young. Harry wanted to truly make him smile. He deserved it after all he went through.

He was currently at Books-A-Million trying to find a set of Harry Potter books. Louis, just like Harry, loved Harry Potter. They finished their marathon, but he knew that the last time Louis read them was when he was a child. Louis always wanted his own set, but Scott would've got mad at him if he spent money on something "trivial". Harry couldn't wait to read the series again with Louis.

When he went over to the Harry Potter section, he saw a set. It came inside a little chest, and Harry knew Louis would love it. It was perfect.

After he bought it, he went to the car and decided he may as well pick up the break and milk along with some wrapping paper. He wanted to wrap it to make the surprise last longer.

Once he completed all of his errands, he went home. When he went inside, he heard silence, so he knew Louis was still asleep. Now was the perfect time to wrap Louis' gift.

When he finished, he put a little bow on it and left it sit on the kitchen table. He went upstairs and crawled back into bed with Louis.

A few hours later, Louis woke up. Harry woke up shortly after by Louis' small movements.

"Hazza," Louis whispered tiredly. "You're home."

Harry cuddled him. "I'm home. I have a surprise for you."

"You do?" Louis asked, smiling.

"Yes," Harry said, sitting up. "I got you a present."

Louis smiled and rubbed his eyes, getting out of bed. Harry sat up too, smiling.

"You'll love it," Harry said, kissing Louis on the cheek.

Louis scampered out of the bedroom excitedly. He didn't get presents often.

Louis absolutely lit up at seeing the wrapped gift sitting on the table. Harry smiled wide at his face.

"Open it," Harry said and rubbed his back.

Louis opened it, tearing it more rapidly at seeing what it was.

"Harry Potter!" Louis squealed. "You got me the books! I love them! I love them! Thank you, Hazza!"

Louis tumbled Harry into a hug. Harry laughed, and kissed his head.

"You're welcome, love," Harry said and smiled. "We can read them together!"

Louis smiled and picked up the books one by one, examining them.

"Thank you, Harry. I don't deserve them," Louis mumbled. Harry's heart broke at the words.

"Lou, yes you do. You deserve so much more," Harry said and wrapped Louis in an embrace. "You're worth so much more than you think."

Louis sniffed and smiled, hugging. "I'm sorry."

"Don't be sorry," Harry said and kissed his forehead.