Chapter Thirty-Three

Louis was awake in bed, feeling very sad. He didn't know why though. He was so happy now. He was with Harry, finally met his mum and sister, and lived in a much happier household. It just seemed like his depression hit hard at the moment.

Today was the day he would see his new therapist. Harry made sure to schedule him an appointment. Louis knew he'd benefit from one. He needed a professional to talk to about his trauma.

Harry was still sleeping, Louis being engulfed by his long arms. It was quite comforting. He sniffled, tears welling in his eyes. Harry opened his eyes, sensing something was wrong.

"Lou? You okay, love?" Harry asked, whispering tiredly.

Louis sniffed. "I don't know."

Harry sat up, pulling him into his lap. "What's wrong?"

"I'm s-sad," Louis choked, clinging to Harry.

"Shhh, why are you sad?" Harry asked, rocking him.

"I don't know," Louis cried.

Harry kissed his head. "Is it because you're seeing your counselor later today? If it is, I'll be there the whole time with you. It's gonna be okay."

Louis sniffed. "I'm just scared. What if she judges me?"

"She won't, Lou," Harry whispered, caressing his cheek with his thumb. "It's her job to be there for you and help you cope."

Louis nodded and wiped his eyes. "I hope she's nice."

Harry laid back down with him since Louis was calming down. "She will, baby. And if not, we can go find a new therapist."

Louis closed his eyes again, getting tired again. "Okay."

Louis fell back asleep, Harry staying up a little to make sure he was okay.
___________________________________

When it was finally morning, Harry and Louis got ready. Louis was very nervous about his appointment. The only thing keeping him in check was that Harry was going to be with him.

"Ready to go, Lou?" Harry asked, grabbing his keys.

"Yeah," Louis said and grabbed Harry's hand to hold.

They walked to the car and got in, Harry starting to drive to his therapist's office.

Louis bit his nails the whole way there. Harry parked and grabbed his hand.

"It's okay, Lou. You told that Sarah at the office and your family and friends. You can tell her too. And it's completely fine if you're not ready to. You can just give her tiny details. You don't have to go all the way in the first day, okay?" Harry said, rubbing his hand with his thumb.

"Okay," Louis said sadly.

Harry got out, opening Louis' door for him on the way over.

"Thank you," Louis said and grabbed his hand again.

They walked inside the office, Harry signing him in. They told them to take a seat and the therapist would be there shortly.

"Who is my therapist?" Louis asked, leaning his head on Harry's shoulder.

"Her name is Anna," Harry said and smiled. "I'm sure she's very nice."

Louis nodded and smiled.

A middle-aged woman with blonde hair came out with a clipboard.

"Louis?" she called out.

"That's you. Let's go," Harry said and helped Louis up.

Anna led them into her office. "Take a seat, Louis."