Chapter Thirty-One

Louis screamed awake at four o'clock in the morning. He had a nightmare just like every other night. It was the same thing too. It was always Scott hurting him or Harry. But Harry was so patient with him. It made Louis fall even more in love with him.

Harry always pulled him tighter, whispering soft words, telling him that he was safe and okay. Harry sometimes picked up the book they were reading together and read to him until he fell asleep.

"Lou?" Harry asked.

"Yeah?" croaked Louis, his voice raspy from crying.

"Do you think you might benefit from seeing a therapist?" Harry said. "It may help. They can help you cope."

Louis thought about it. He already told Sarah, his mum, and friends, so he didn't think it would hurt. He was nervous though. What if they judged him?

"It's completely up to you," Harry said, caressing his cheek. "It may help, and I'll be with you the whole time."

Louis nodded. "I'll... I'll think about it."

Harry smiled and kissed his head. "Okay. Take all the time you need."

Harry rocked him back to sleep. They both had work tomorrow at the bakery. Louis was very excited for his first day at his new job.

The next morning, they got ready together. Harry thought Louis looked absolutely adorable in his little apron.

"You look very cute," Harry said and kissed him on the cheek. "Ready to go?"

Louis blushed. "Thank you. And yes, I'm ready."

Harry grabbed his hand and walked out the door with him. They walked to the bakery together, both smiling the whole way.

Harry held the door open for Louis.

"Thank you," Louis blushed and went inside.

Tom greeted them both and helped Louis get situated behind the counter. Louis was very nervous, yet excited. He's never worked with a cash register before.

Louis was now working the same shift as Harry, so they were both behind the counter. There weren't many customers, which Louis was most grateful. He needed practice before he had a busy day.

When their shift ended, they worked together to clean up and lock up the shop. It felt like they did when they were first beginning to know each other. When Louis was miserable and hurt all the time. Now he was happy. He was with Harry and he was safe. He was finally working. Something he's been dreaming of for a long time.

He loved it. It finally gave him the freedom and something to do other than clean the house and make breakfast, lunch, and dinner on repeat.

When they were finished, Harry and Louis went home.

"So how did you like your first day?" Harry asked, taking his work clothes off. "You like it?"

Louis copied him, taking off his apron. "It was good. I loved it."

Harry smiled. "That's good."

Louis blushed and smiled.

"Hey, Lou, would you like to take a bath?" Harry asked brightly.