Chapter Eighteen

Harry wanted to surprise Louis. He knew that Louis always wanted a dog, but since Scott didn't like dogs, he never could get one. Harry wanted to see Louis' happy face. He was feeling a bit reckless, but he didn't mind because Louis deserved all the special things in the world.

So Harry went to the local animal shelter one day and looked around. There were multiple cats and dogs in crates. He felt sad because he couldn't take home all of the poor and lonely animals. They all wagged their tail excitedly, praying he would pick him. Then he saw the one.

It was an adorable black labradoodle puppy. It was a boy, and he asked the worker behind the desk to let him meet the puppy further. The worker came over, unlocked the cage and the dog came tumbling out, jumping up on Harry. Harry laughed and knelt down to pet him. He thought the dog would fit Louis perfectly.

The dog was cute and rambunctious, running around and barking all around the shelter. Harry laughed and picked him back up.

"I'll take him," he said, pulling out his card to pay.

After he paid for the dog and went to his car, placing the puppy in the backseat, he drove to the pet store to pick up a few things. He picked up the labradoodle because he didn't want to leave him alone in the car, and went inside. He looked around at all the collars and leashes. A nice red collar stood out to him. It was good enough for now.

He picked out a collar, a leash, a toy, and food and treats for the dog. Harry paid for all of it, and headed back to the car. The puppy sat in the backseat, sniffing the bag full of things for him.

Harry couldn't wait to see Louis' face. He wondered if he would cry in joy. He hoped so because he knew how much Louis wanted a dog.

So the next day, Harry carried the dog inside the bakery, letting him sit inside a crate until Louis came. Harry was beyond happy. He felt like he couldn't wait any longer.

Harry was working, and that's when Louis came in.

"Hi, Hazza," Louis said and smiled.

"Hi, Lou!" Harry cheered excitedly. "I have a surprise for you!"

"You do?" Louis asked with a blush.

Harry nodded and waited until his shift ended to show him. He waited until everyone else left, and then picked up the crate and set it down on the floor near their feet.

The puppy started barking, excited at seeing a new person.

"Consider this a belated Valentine's Day gift," Harry said and opened it, picking up the puppy.

Louis clasped a hand over his mouth, starting to cry with happiness. This was truly the best day of his life. He rammed into Harry's chest, hugging him tight. He let the dog lick his face.

"Thank you so much," Louis cried, petting the puppy. "What's his name?"

"That's up to you, love," Harry said and gave Louis the puppy.

Louis held it and kissed the puppy's head, wiping his tears. "He's so cute. I love him already. I can't wait to play with him.

Louis giggled while the dog licked his cheeks.

"Hazza, please keep him at your place," Louis said sadly.

Harry knew why. Scott would probably kill it in a fit of rage.

Louis hugged Harry again while holding the dog and thanked him profusely. "I'm gonna have to go home now. Can you take him?"

"Of course," Harry said and grabbed the puppy.