Chapter 23

Chapter 23

My nose kept tickling me, I kept rubbing it. I hear a shuffle and feel movements near me. I open my eyes and I'm in a large bed in a very big room. "Whoa," I stammer. I sit up and sitting near my feet is an adorable little furry creature. It's looking at me with beady dark eyes, tiny button nose and a cocked brow. Then it hit me, "Tarrick?" The little furry creature grins and scrambles to my lap. "You're sires mate," Tarrick beams. He lays his head on my stomach and purrs causing me to giggle. I rub my hand through his soft fur. His head turns to me and he puts a tiny finger to his lips. "There's a baby in there talking to me," he whispers.

I grin, wondering if it's a mini Ronin or mini me, Tarrick soon answers that.

"He says he is content and loves you and Ronin."

Tarrick smiles,"I'll have a playmate in 8 months."

I can't help but chuckle at his expressions. "You're just adorable Tarrick," I grin, picking him up and giving him a hug.

"Where is Ronin," I ask as I set him back down on my lap.

"Ronin is visiting his father Abbadon my queen," Tarrick states as he bows.

I stop him.

"Please don't do that, it doesn't seem right for family."

Tarrick's eyes beam, he smiles and nods.

Ronin appears a moment later, covered in sweat and face reddened. My eyes fill with concern as my brow raises.

"Did you win," Tarrick yells as he jumps to the floor. Ronin scoops him up and grinning shouts,"Yes!"

They both celebrated as I watched confused. "Tarrick I need you to bring Neegan and Jory here but wait a bit so I can speak with my mate Shadow," Ronin sighs.

Tarrick looks at me,"Shadow."

I nod and he grins and scrambles to the door.

"See you in a while sire and my queen Shadow," Tarrick beams as he closes the door.

Ronin heads towards me and gathering me in his arms starts kissing me.

"I love you," he smirks between kisses.

I laugh and hesitantly pull away.

"I love you too and so does your son," I say as I look down at my stomach.

"A son eh," he states with a grin.

"Tarrick told me," I smile happily, "After your dad told me I was expecting," I add.

"He also mentioned that you have wings," I grin.

Ronin smiles slyly. "I do but I cannot manifest them in this realm."

I nod in understanding.

"So you fly-raced your dad and won, I take it," I smirk.

Ronin nods with a huge grin.

A knock on the door, makes him frown and he goes to open it.

Neegan steps in with a full smile,Tarrick and Jory following behind.

"Your cleared of any wrongdoings, the individuals involved have been eliminated and the prophet is with the council now telling them the truth about you two, I wanted to hear it all but your hairy rodent pulled me away," bellows Neegan as he glares at Tarrick.

Tarrick sticks his tiny tongue out and races to the bed to climb into my lap. I pet him as the men continued talking.