Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Ronin tells me to sit down on the mat while he does a demonstration of his power. I'm nervous and excited, I can feel the energy shifting around myself. I stare at Ronin's hands, tendrils of dark black energy flow down his fingers. I look up at his face, his brow is creased in concentration and his eyes are black, colorless and void of emotion, it's frightening. It makes me shiver, the coldness I feel radiating off of him, is completely unnatural to the man I've come to love. It's like he's become another person. The swirls of black grow large and cover him, like a tiny hurricane and he's the epicentre. I get a few glimpses of his face between the swirls of darkness. He has dark black veins branching up his face, he looks like he's in pain and I want him to stop. I stand up and close my eyes. Instantly I'm standing within the circle of darkness with Ronin, eyes glued to his. I put my hand on both sides of his face and press my lips to his, flooding all the love I can muster into his soul. He blinks, the darkness falling away. He looks down at me in shock.

"You're crazy insane," he smirks.

"Maybe," I grin.

"Still love you all the same though," I add.

Ronin steps back and gestures towards me.

"I want you to do what I just did."

"How do you expect me to do that, be serious," I grimace.

"Focus on your darkness, hold it and release it a little bit at a time, you can do this, you have the gift." I wasn't as confident as Ronin. I stood and closed my eyes to focus. I outstretched my arms and felt something very cold flow through my veins. I shivered a bit. I open my eyes and see Ronin nodding his head and giving me a thumbs up. Ok I got this. Darkness swarmed around me more than it had with Ronin. I saw him waving at me, his darkness trying to wrap around mine. My hair was blowing crazy around me, the dark energy was getting bombarded by Ronin's. I felt the need to push back. Suddenly a brightness filled my eyes and I pushed the darkness away from myself. A loud explosion could be heard in the distance, then bangs and thuds against the ship.

"What the fuck was that," I stammer. Ronin was rubbing his eyes like he had a headache.

"Power surge," he mumbled. He went to a monitor on the wall and typed in some information. The screen processed it and gave an answer. Ronin rubs his eyes again and glances at me.

"Looks like you just blew up one of X19's moons, it was uninhabited and there's no major damage to the outpost, so yeah for you," he smirks, twirling his finger in the air.

"Very funny Ronin," I sag to the floor frowning, that was intense.

"Don't feel bad Shadow, I destroyed the Kimpner sun my first time, the planets rotating around it either crashed into each other or were lost in space, people died, lots of people," he sighed with regret.

"Ronin that happened eons ago, I remember studying it in the federation history class, the sun did a supernova. You caused that, fuck how old are you," I squeek.

"Older than earth's dirt," Ronin smirks.

"Well, you're pretty hot and sexy for an old dude," I smirk back and wink. He chuckles and embraces me, giving me a light kiss on my forehead.

Suddenly a red light starts flashing, alarm blaring and I look up to Ronin confused. He just shakes his head.

"It's probably the representative of the SBC, great timing," he scowls, shifting us to the entrance.