"Oh... yeah, okay... thank you, Rose," Jared muttered and I looked at him surprised by how he looked awkward as he rubbed the back of his neck.

I just smiled, reaching to caress his messy locks back from his face then looked up to my Mom.

"Thanks."

"Just eat peacefully then come down. Today is the Highland festival eve at the town square."

"Yey," I smiled.

Giving me a kiss on the head, she hurried out of the room.

"Sorry about that," I looked to Jared with a sigh and he looked at me confused.

"About my Mom and her comment about... age..."

"Oh, come on," he waved. "She let me call her by her name. She acknowledged that I am a full grown-up and not some twenty something fooling her daughter. All good," he waved.

I smiled back then taking a deep breath I looked at the tray.

"Let's eat; I am starving!" He hummed as he knelt up, leaning above me, he picked up the tray, putting it between us.

"Your Mom is the best," he mumbled already trying the mango juice.

"Yeah," I smiled sipping from my coffee.

"And hey," he looked up to me as he picked up his spoon. "We will be in a hotel room tomorrow. We'll handle your needs," he gave me that sexy smile which just amplified those needs.

I felt blush creeping up my cheeks as I looked down picking up the fork with a nod.

"I don't... know what got to me I..." I felt a bit ashamed after he mentioned it as "MY needs" like it is something only I want.

"Me. I got to you," he grinned winningly.

I just chuckled, nodding as I crossed my legs, turning towards the food.

Picking up a fork full of scrambled eggs, I put it into my mouth and as my tongue touched the warm substance I couldn't help but spit it back out onto the plate, getting the chills as my eyes got watery.

I thought it already cooled down.

"Av... what's wrong?" he asked wide eyed as he tried to look into my eyes.

I just shook my head, turning away, sipping from the water.

"Nothing... nothing just... warm... still warm..." I felt my body shiver and I started gagging

I tried to calm my body down desperately.

"Babe... Jesus Christ," Jared breathed as he jumped up, hurrying around the bed to sit next to me, rubbing my back. "Shit."

I heard his stunned voice as I had my hands against my mouth, trying to breath deep, tears running down my cheeks.

"Come here," he whispered as he pulled me back against his chest, rubbing my arms.

The feeling subsided in a matter of minutes and I breathed deep, wiping the tears from my face.

"I'm sorry... I'm so sorry..." I whispered, feeling a whole new level of embarrassment.

"It's okay," he muttered, kissing my face, hugging me more around from behind. "What... was that? Was it the warm food?" he asked carefully and I nodded.

"It's stupid. It's stupid, I'm sorry you had to see this... stupid... I'm an idiot; it's stupid..."

"Hey, calm down. It is certainly not stupid if it physically makes you sick. I never... thought it's really this bad; I really thought it's just a tick of yours. I'M sorry," he sighed, stroking the hair out of my face.