I don't

Hey there,

Happy Sunday-funday to you all! ☺️

This bonus chapter is shorter than usually; the shortest of all, but it is a much needed one after the drama.

Enjoy! 😘

Ordering a tea, I sat down to a corner table by the window in the nearest coffee shop, which was just down the corner when a message alert was heard on my phone.

Of course, it was from Jared. I opened it, biting my lips nervously.

Once you told me I am worthy of love, does this change that? – J.

I sighed in tears, looking out of the window, watching people walk by, coated up against the chilly wind.

I was getting more and more devastated as minutes passed by. I really wanted to talk to someone but one, I had no one to call; I won't bother Lynn with this... she is my little cousin. I can't call my mother either, not only because we haven't talked in a month, but also, I don't want to make her dislike Jared even more than she already does, and Shannon... no way. Two, even if I would have someone to call, I couldn't tell the full story. Not a chance.

Guilt took over me as I realized that maybe I just broke his trust in me. He told this to me because I always was on his side. I was understanding and I helped him through a lot, but this... this was a lot at once and all that was in my mind is fear of losing him in one way or another. But maybe I was the one who was pushing him away all this time by not believing him loving me.

After an hour of sipping on my cup of tea and clearing my mind I decided to walk around the surrounding area to have some fresh, crispy air and try to gather what will I say to Jared, so he can forgive all the awful thoughts what had been said by my messed up mind.

Another hour later, I was walking towards the hotel suite, my heart racing. I didn't know how Jared will react when he sees me, or if he will react at all.

A "do not disturb" sign was hanging on his hotel suite door and I took a deep breath sliding my key card through the lock as I couldn't possibly wait any longer to clean up my mess.

Walking in, everything was silent, all the curtains were closed, what made the bright living-room look grey and feel cold.

Peeking into the dining area, I found it empty, so I silently made my way towards the bedroom.

The huge sliding door was almost all the way closed but turning sideways I was able to step in without moving it and making any noise.

Although the room was darkened by the black-out curtains, the small amount of light coming from the gap in the door helped me locate Jared.

He was laying on his stomach on the left side of the bed. His arms tucked under the pillow under his head, his growing hair messy around his face. Hearing his sniffles, I knew he is not sleeping... worse, he definitely was, or still crying what made my eyes tear up and my heart flinch in my chest.

My stomach was in a knot as I tiptoed towards him, gently sitting onto the side of the bed by his waist.

He stiffened in a second but did not open his eyes.

Gently placing my palm onto his back, I breathed deep as tears escaped from my eyes, while trying to find the best first words to say.

"I want to apologies for the way I reacted and the things I said," I whispered. "I didn't mean to attack you like that. I always thought that there is nothing in this world what would make me not to love you, and this is still true. I'm in love with you and that is why... I reacted the way I did. I was overwhelmed and fear took over me. I know you can't change the past and I appreciate you telling me all of it. It clearly still bothers you and I am so sorry for making you feel the way you feel now... I..."