TEN

✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼

✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼

THE OTHER SIDE OF
HOLLYWOOD
PART TWO

✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼

Stephanie had never been overly fond of dances. Something about it had never seemed to appeal to her. That is until suddenly she was finding herself wanting nothing more than for Reggie to ask her so that she could dance the night away with him.

It was definitely a surprise to herself that she was so excited for the first time in her life, but the excitement slowly began to fade as each day passed by with Reggie not mentioning the dance once. Every time it was so much as mentioned his face would turn red and he would stutter out an excuse before running out of the room while Alex, Luke, and Bobby frowned after him.

Weeks passed and Stephanie learned to mask her pain pretty quickly. When it was the week before the big dance, she finally agreed to go with a kid named Issac in their class, not noticing Reggie watching her from down the hall with a saddened look on his face.

Now said night was here and it was supposed to be one to remember. Sunset Curve had gotten a gig, so Stephanie would be splitting her time up on stage performing and dancing with Isaac. The boys all left to go early, telling Stephanie that they would be fine on their own so that she could meet up with Isaac before.

However, even with Stephanie getting ready half an hour before the boy was supposed to arrive, she still found herself sitting on her front porch an hour after Isaac was supposed to pick her up. She checked the house phone more than once, hoping that maybe he would call and let her know that something had come up but he was on his way.

It didn't happen.

Luckily Isaac was supposed to pick her up early enough for them to get food, so Stephanie wasn't late after she trekked all the way to school from her house. She had walked into the gym with a numb look on her face, freezing as her eyes landed upon Isaac who was dancing with Amelia towards the center of the dance floor.

Stephanie had been frozen in her spot, her eyes filling with tears as she watched Amelia lock eyes with her and send a small smirk in her direction. The brunette was barely able to comprehend what was happening and she forced herself to push her feelings aside as she practically sprinted across the room and over to the stage where the boys were all setting up.

The moment she reached them, they turned to see her. Reggie inhaled sharply, his eyes flickering over the girl who was wearing a white laced dress with small flowers pinned into her hair. She looked so beautiful that he could barely even describe it. His heart skipped a beat, his face growing a bit red just at the mere sight of her.