NINE

✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼

✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼

THE OTHER SIDE OF
HOLLYWOOD

✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼

"I don't know about this," Reggie muttered as he shifted nervously in place. Their eyes were on the crowds of people in front of them who were all chattering amongst themselves. Willie still had yet to appear again and Stephanie couldn't help but feel the same way that Reggie did. There was something off about the place and she was getting antsy just waiting, especially when they were supposed to be playing with Julie soon.

"Well, if you get scared, you. . .you can always hide behind me," Alex assured him. He then paused before muttering, "I'll be hiding behind Luke." He moved to stand behind the boy and Stephanie relaxed a bit at that, chuckling softly at her friend while Luke shook his head.

"You guys need to grow up, okay?" Luke told them. "We're gonna get back at Bobby."

"Wouldn't learning not to become as bad as Bobby and get back at him be a lesson on growing up?" Stephanie questioned causing her brother to look her way. "Not that I don't want to get back at him because I go. It's just your logic is a little twisted."

Ignoring the girl, Luke looked away and down at the crowd, "He needs to pay for what he did to us."

"Yeah," Alex muttered as he moved back to stand between the twins. He then looked to Reggie and Stephanie before whispering, "I'm still gonna hide behind him."

Stephanie cracked a smile at that, but Reggie just fidgeted more, obviously uncomfortable about the whole thing. He was nervously clamping his hands together in front of him, his eyes flickering over the crowds of people as he gulped. Stephanie studied him for a moment before reaching out and gently setting her hand on top of his own.

Reggie looked her way and the brunette only offered a small reassuring smile as she broke his hands away from each other so that she could slip her hand into his own and intertwine their fingers together. Reggie relaxed a little and managed a small smile, his cheeks dusting pink as he squeezed her hand and let his thumb gently run across the skin on top of her hand.

"We're all good," Willie announced as he appeared beside Luke, causing all four of them to look his way while Reggie and Stephanie kept their hands tightly holding onto each other.

"Oh, uh, cool. Hey, just so you know, we have, like, an hour, because we got a gig with Julie," Alex explained.

"Oh yeah. No worries," Willie assured them. "Let's go." The boy began to walk away and the four exchanged looks before quickly following after him, neither Reggie nor Stephanie letting go of each other's hands as they did. In fact, they only held on tighter and Reggie continued to rub his thumb across her hand like the action was bringing him a sense of comfort just by doing so.