Chapter 5

I had one hell of a weekend with Niall. On Monday, his tour moved on to Boston and I begrudgingly left his suite that we spent all our time in to go back to work.

I sipped my coffee disinterestedly as Nadia droned on with her weekly lecture about me being late. As I heard a shift in her tone, I tuned back in.

"Now you need to get across town for your fitting for a runway show Friday."

I furrowed my brows.

"I don't remember having any live shows coming up."

"It's a streetwear show. Mid-level. I know it's a little beneath you. Don't look at me like that." She gave me a sideways glance before continuing. "A model fell through so I got you in to close the show. I mainly want to get you in front of the designer, Spencer Hayes. You haven't heard of him yet, but you definitely will. He's a real rising star. We need you on his radar early."

The moment she said his name, I searched it on my phone to see what we were working with. My lips automatically formed a smile as I saw how attractive he was.

"Oh I'll get on his radar."

"I didn't mean sleep with him."

I let my jaw drop and dramatically placed a hand over my heart as my words dripped with sarcasm.

"Nadia, you wound me. I would never."

"Maybe I'll get you an acting gig next."

"You joke, but I like that idea." I laughed. "Don't worry I'll behave at the show." Followed by a "maybe" under my breath.

The show arrived before I knew it.

"This looks amazing on you," the stylist said as she made minor adjustments.

"I love it," I said, looking over the whole ensemble before gazing around the room at the other models. "I would wear just about every piece I've seen. He nailed this whole collection."

"That's quite a compliment coming from you." an unfamiliar voice came from behind me. I immediately spun around to face the source.

As my eyes locked with his I took in his features: deep brown eyes, full lips, jet black waves, a perfectly manicured beard and rich, glowing skin.

Somehow, he was even hotter in person.

I pulled myself from my daze to shake his outstretched hand with a dazzling smile.

"You must be Spencer. It's so nice to finally meet you. I'm Ari."

He chuckled lowly.

"Oh I know who you are. It's an honor to have you in my designs." His eyes quickly traveled down my body before meeting mine again. "They suit you."

Suddenly an assistant appeared beside him to usher him away.

"I have to take care of this, but I'll see you after the show, yeah?" He asked with a playful smile which I gladly matched.

"You bet."

As I made my final turn and stepped off the stage back into the staging area, I released the breath I was holding.

The stylist from earlier hurried over.

"I just caught a glimpse on the screen back here, but I see why you're one of the most sought after models. You were amazing. I can't believe we got you for this show."

I shook my head and opened my mouth to downplay it, but she cut me off before I could begin.

"Seriously, it's been an honor to style you. If you ever need a stylist down the line, I would love to work with you again." She handed me her card.