𝐒𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐?

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟕

Two Weeks Later

"She's fine, I'm just here to do her daily check in, make sure everything is going according to plan. Her vitals are looking good as usual, and she should be waking up any day now." The doctor said to Cady.

The woman ran her hand over her hair for the hundredth time it felt like, she was stressed and rightfully so. The doctor and nurses have been singing the same tune for days now. "That's all anyone has been saying and yet she's still asleep, my little girl, is hooked up to all these machines and no one knows what's really going on with her."

Cady continued to ramble on until her husband sat his hand on her shoulder and silently convinced to her stop, something he's been doing since this whole ordeal started. Throughout all the commotion, there was a shift on the bed that no one noticed. The doctor ushered Cady and Kairon just outside of the room and locked the door behind them. They left Phoebe in the room watching over her sister.

Of all the siblings she was the only one there, having gotten out of school early, and the twins were still in class. They were to be picked up and taken home by one of their parents more than likely their father.

Once again there was a shift to the bed, then eyes opened, half lidded but open none the less. Joni laid there for a moment staring up at the ceiling an all-white ceiling, one that didn't look like her dorm's or her bedroom. The girl tried lifting her head only to feel a heaviness to the side of her head. She tried to open her mouth to speak only for no sound to come out, she grew upset.

She moved her fingers slowly to get the feeling back and started making humming noises, she was laid completely flat on the bed so she couldn't tell if anyone else was in the room with her. Phoebe, so engrossed in her phone heard the low humming and looked up at the hospital bed where her sister was. She didn't see her fingers moving under the white blanket, but she continued to hear the humming. She slowly stood up from the couch that sat in the room and sat her phone down.

She cautiously approached her bed until she was staring into the eyes of her older sister. her eyes lit up with excitement. She immediately reached over her bed to rapidly click the button to alert the doctors and nurses that her sister was awake. "Joni!" her sister said with tears welling up in her eyes. The door behind her burst open and in walked their parents and the doctor who had heard to beeping from right outside.

Her parents and sister crowded her, her mother running her hands over her face crying tears of joy. Kairon hugged Phoebe as she also cried, smiling, happy her sister was awake. He kissed the side of her head, staying strong for all his girls.

(To Be Loved- Adele)

The doctor himself convinced the family to step back and give the girl some space. He pulled a small flashlight from the pocket inside his lad coat and shinned it into her eyes, "Good-morning young lady, you gave your family quite a scare." He spoke while watching if her eyes dilated or not.

"If you can hear me fine, please blink twice." everyone waited on baited breathe as the girl slowly closed her eyes and opened them back up twice. "Good now Joni, you had a small head injury that resulted into a mild concussion I will brief you some more on everything going on when we have deduced that the concussion hasn't caused long-lasting effects."

Joni's eyes grew a bit bigger at the information provided to her. She started groaning and humming, to form speech but failed due to the dryness of her throat and mouth. "Please calm down, I have a nurse bringing you a glass of water." As soon as he finished his sentence, in walked a short dark-skin woman with a low curly bun and purple scrubs. In her hand was a small paper cup with a bendy straw, her glass of water so to speak.