𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟔

𝐒𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏

It was Tuesday and Joni sat in Italian class listening intently to the history of the language. This class and psychology were tied at being her favorite. The teacher started to wrap up the lesson and Joni saw that it was around 1:18, time to gather her thing and go meet up with Kyrie at her dorm. They were gonna spend the rest of the day inside and probably watch some Jane the Virgin Joni's new favorite show. She finally had time to start watching said show and she loved it. She then put Kyrie on to it and now they decided to binge.

It was the last Tuesday of August and Saturday would be the beginning of September and people have already started to get ready for Halloween. Though Joni wasn't complaining she loved fall and Halloween, and it had nothing to do with her birthday being in October. Coffee shops will officially bring out the pumpkin spice and the muffins. She'd probably go home for a day or two for her birthday and see if her grandma could make he a pumpkin pie or some bomb pumpkin rice, her favorite. She was ready for her teeth to fall out from sweets and she was ready to get spooky.

She walked the campus until she got to the little café she liked. She entered and got ready to order seeing as no one was in line, she wanted an iced lemon green tea. It was such a refreshing drink and she needed one right now.

"Hi, what would you like today?" The barista asked her.

"Hey Fallon, I'm switching it up today." Joni said to Fallon. Joni had been coming to the little shop every day and by some luck it was Fallon who just about always took her orders. She was a very sweet girl, about 5'10 or '11, Caucasian, and she was a redhead. Her hair was curly and bright and Joni loved it, so they started talking outside of a 'customer/cashier' type of relationship. They were on the way of becoming friends and Joni was excited. Plus, she doubts she will ever see Bonnie and Jahana again.  

"Okay, so I was thinking a gr-"

"I've got a large Hibiscus tea for Day-mon?" Another barista shouted out.

"You the same one from last week and I know what you're doing, get my name right, 'cause you know it." Joni's breathe hitched when she heard his voice. She turned around and made direct eye contact like he was waiting on her to look at him. She side-eyed him then turned her head back to Fallon to give her order. The audacity, actually trying the tea I recommended, hmph. 

"You good Jo," Fallon asked her She heard the door chime and figured Damon had left or someone walked in, hopefully the first option.

"Yeah girl I'm great, so back to my order."

Ten minutes later after receiving her drink and saying goodbye to Fallon, Joni exited the establishment. As she walked on the side walk someone jogged up to her.

"I've been calling you." Damon sad to Joni. She kept her head straight and kept walking. "You should unblock my number."

"You weren't interested in using it before so why does it matter?" She asked after taking a sip of her tea. His number wasn't blocked, she just happened to be declining his calls.