𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟕

𝐒𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏

The next day Joni sat on a bench out on campus it she was between classes and needed to clear her head. In her hand though was her phone and on the screen was a picture of Damon shirtless on a porch with his tattoos and smooth tan skin on display. She was enjoying looking at him she had already double tapped the photo. So, she took her fingers and placed one on the home button of her iPhone 8 plus and placed another finger on the lock button. She simultaneously clicked both and the flash of her screen indicated a screenshot. This was probably the 200th of many more to come.

Joni put her phone up feeling as though someone was watching her. When she looked up and saw Pia across the way laughing it up with two other girls. You ever meet someone on a huge campus and suddenly you start seeing them everywhere, that's what's happening now. And Pia wasn't someone she wanted to keep seeing she has to see enough of her at work.

Joni just had to roll her eyes because of what happened last night. When she was almost done with work she went down to the lobby to check on Kev and she found him and Pia kekeke-ing in each other's face. Eventually he convinced her to do all his work and Joni guessed that was how it was going to go from now on.

Though she saw her across the way, Pia wasn't the one watching her. She turned her head to the left and saw Damon with Ezra and a couple of other guys who played football for the school. They locked eyes and Damon didn't look away so she didn't either. They had just seen each other in Speech class and they hadn't said a word to each other. Here they were though burning a whole into each other. Neither one looked away until one of the guys Damon was with bumped his shoulder. She watched as he pulled out his phone and typed something up and out his phone away. Then he looked at her one last time and left with his friends.

Feeling her phone vibrate in her hand she saw a message pop up.

DAMON: I'm coming over later.

That was all it said. She decided not to respond and play it cool. Though she wanted to know what time so that she could be there when he got there. She was happy an excited and had to plan an outfit. Her mind was reeling it was around four so she only had three hours till work started and she was supposed to hang out with Fallon until then. 

"Hey?"

"Joooni, are you okay?" She shook her head and saw Fallon bent over in front of her while waving her hand in her face.

"What?!" Joni shook her head and looked at Fallon who stood up straight. "Hy what's up, you ready?"

Fallon raised a brow, "Uh yeah, are you okay?"

"Yeah girl, I'm good, so where to?" Joni turned slightly to the side to look at Damon, he wasn't looking at her this time, but she watched him.

"Okay I was thinking the Panera on campus." Joni nodded along only listening to key words, until she spotted someone she didn't want to see.

This is what she was talking about, after 'meeting' someone or the first time you suddenly start seeing them everywhere, and right in front of her and Fallon was her across the hall neighbor. She wore an all-white outfit consisting of ripped jeans and a camisole. I thought people didn't wear white after Labor Day, Joni said in her head.

"Ugh!" Fallon exclaimed next to Joni, she saw that Fallon was also looking at the girl walk by them. Joni chuckled and looked at Fallon resulting in her laughing as well.

"Look I'm not a hater or nothing, but she isn't a nice person, so watch out for that one." Joni's eyes widened.

"Girl, explain." She said enthusiastically.