𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟐

𝐒𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏

Joni spun around in her dorm room giggling and smiling it up. It was after class on Wednesday afternoon, and she was getting ready for her date with Damon. Simultaneously on group face-time with her friends, Norma included. She had did a small introductions for everyone, just until they could meet in person and meet better. They were advising her on her outfit and hair.

She was currently listening to music and spinning around to show them what she was working with. She had on a black leather jacket, grey t-shirt underneath, and dark blue jeans. Her friends laughed at her antics and then she jumped to the ground and looked under her bed to pull out two different pairs of timberland boots. The original tan colored ones and some all black ones. Joni held up the shoes in front of the laptop screen, for them to see.

"Which ones?" She asked still kneeling on the floor.

"Awe man, she done pulled out the buttahs!" everyone laughed at what Kyrie said. "Not the yattas!" He said imitating that one Instagram video.

They all laugh and Joni huffed, getting off the floor. "Alright," she let out a few stray giggles. "For real though." She lifted each shoe up and down, like a scale with weighing things out.

"The black ones," Norma said after she finished laughing and everyone agreed with her. Joni nodded, it would tie the whole outfit together. Although she had this weird thing about black shoes.

Kyrie ended clearing his throat as Joni bent down to put on her shoes, she looked up at the laptop screen and saw him giving her a look. "So what are you gonna tell Trey?" He said his name in an suggestive manner, as if they had something going on.

Norma gave her a look. She knew about Trey, of course she did, Joni is her best friend; her sister. They told each other everything, well almost everything on Joni's end. She just didn't know she was entertaining him on another level other than friendship. Not that there wasn't anything wrong with talking/dating around while you're in college. Norma just knew how much Joni was so hung up on Damon.

"You are one messy ass nigga," Joni said as she looked at Kyrie with a straight face. "There's nothing to tell him, we're friends, that's it."

Norma hummed and nodded her head still thinking. Joni the stood up after lacing her shoes up, she pulled pants up and straightened up her outfit. The only thing left was for her to do her hair, she had it in a bun on top of her head and pulled it out. It was recently wash day so her hair was clean and smelling great. While everyone had her on pause she ran to the bathroom and squirted some water into her hair and ran her hands though it. Root to ends.

She didn't want to do anything too extra and pile her hair up with lots of product, considering it was such a hassle to wash it . She took her paddle from off counter and began to brush her hair out, ends to root. Never de-tangle your hair dry.  Then, she took some curl definer and thoroughly spread it around her hair. Finally she brushed her hair behind her ears and kept them in place with a bobby pin on each side. The ends curled up around her shoulders, while the top stayed down, she smiled at her reflection.

Joni made her way out of the bathroom and got her friends' attention, so they could un-pause and see the final look. Norma was the first to appear back on the screen. She examined Joni's hair and gave a concerned look. When you are a so close to a person, as she is with Joni and vice versa, you notice things.

When you know that person hates certain things, then they suddenly love it she you give them a side eye. There is the notion that they could have changed their minds, but when its a person as stubborn as Joni. A person with set routines and ways that she does stuff, with such precision, then you must question what is really going. Though Norma could be overthinking a bit, it was just a hair style.