𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟑

𝐬𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏- 𝐛𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐤 

Day- 1

"Okay, you may continue." The woman said looking up from her notebook. The woman looked up the girl, who wore a light grey sweat suit and had her legs drawn up onto the couch opposite of her.

The girl pushed her long hair behind her ear and let out a deep sigh. It has been roughly a year and a half since they started these sessions together, so around 18 months. Getting up everyday for counseling wasn't what the girl would call the perfect start to her days. Most days she was fine with it and sharing, but other days it was a frustrating thing to do. The woman sitting across from her, already used to her behavior, lifted her glasses off her face and gave the girl a hard look.

"You know, I can always get you back into group therapy." The woman said, watching as the girl made eye contact with her.

"You always threaten that." The girl looked away.

"Yes I do," the woman folded her legs. "And you know I'm good on that promise. I know how you feel about group therapy which is why I recommended you do just solo therapy. I could always go back on it though, say I see improvement, that you're ready to share with the other girls." The woman watched as the girl thunk it over.

Group therapy was so hard for her to do when she had first arrived, especially considering her condition at the time. The Doctor working with the girls, the woman sitting in front of the girl, took a liking to her and suggested she do only solo therapy. The girl had tremendous results when she was switched over to just solo therapy. She had her days, but for the most part, the Doctor saw change in the girl already.

The girl huffed and re-positioned her body, so that she was sitting criss-cross applesauce and she was facing the woman.

"Isn't Moses coming to visit today?" The woman moved her glasses back onto her face. "The sooner we get done, then the sooner you can get ready to see him."

With the mention of the boy's name, the girl's demeanor did a whole 180. Her head lifted up and she moved her hair back and did a sloppy braid before making eye contact with the smiling Doctor. "Fine." She said to her, then she began talking.

~~~~~~~

The Wednesday morning before thanksgiving, Joni woke up at around 11 a.m in her own bed. She smiled when she rolled over and looked up at the intertwining branches of her Forest Canopy bed. She got out of bed and stretched before making her way to the Deluxe Jack & Jill style bathroom, in which she shared with her little sister Phoebe. Since, she was away at school, it ultimately became Phoebe's very own master bathroom. Joni was more than positive her sister enjoyed that.

She did all her business before washing her face, as quietly as she could. She wanted to surprise her siblings, considering she pulled up at around one the night before. Joni had left school as soon as she had finished all her exams and packing. She wanted to be able to spend as much time with her family as she could. So, she packed up her car and was on her way. After such a length drive, she arrived to the house quit as a mouse and her mother dressed in her silk robe waiting up for her.

When she finished she slipped on a pair of clean sweat pants and a t-shirt from out of her closet. She then tipped toed through the bathroom and into her sister's room, slowly creeping the door open. Upon entering Phoebe's room Joni noticed two things; one was the curtains an bedroom door being open, and two was Phoebe wasn't in bed. The bed looked made which meant she had been up for a while. Joni twisted her lips to the side and decided to check her brother's room.