Chapter 29 - Charlotte

Start from the beginning

I took comfort in that thought.

Christian's arms tightened around me comfortingly and he bend down to place a gentle kiss on the top of my head. "I'm so sorry you went through all this alone - I wish I could have been there for you."

We sat like that for a few minutes staring out at the lake. The silence broken only by the sound of the water brushing up against the warm beach sand. I knew Christian had nothing to apologize for - I was the one who wouldn't let him in. All this time, I've been afraid of him hurting me but the truth was, being apart from him hurt so much more.

It's hard to imagine a world where people change - but I had to remind myself, people aren't programmed robots that follow one single path ceaselessly. Experiences change people - new feelings and encounters shape people in new and sometimes surprising ways. Looking at the other kids from Hillside House, I had to admit that maybe they would be different if they had different life experiences.

This gave me hope and maybe even confidence that if negative experiences can change a person negatively, then maybe positive experiences could change a person positively. Christian was a Steele - and Steele's are dang stubborn. All this time I wasn't putting enough faith in Christian's determination to change his womanizing ways.

Eventually, I found myself standing up and walking down to the shore. I stopped when I was close enough to dip my toes into the cool water. It was so refreshing. The hot sun was beating down on us without a cloud in sight.

I could hear Christian coming up behind me before his arms wrapped around my waist and his strong, muscular body pressed up against my back. He lowered his head toward my ear and whispered, "Do you want to swim?"

I could feel his hot breath exhaling against my neck.

I swallowed. "I can't swim..."

"I'll teach you."

"I'm scared."

"I won't let anything happen to you," he said in a husky voice.

I felt him reaching down to the hem of my beach cover and started pulling it up. He went very slow to give me ample time to say no.

I didn't.

Christian pulled the cover up and over my head leaving me exposed in nothing but the bikini.

I closed my eyes - having never felt so naked. I couldn't remember the last time I was outside with so little clothes on.

Christian pulled off his t-shirt next and I couldn't help but turn around to get a better view. Looking at him without a shirt caused all my insecurities to vanish. It was hard to think about anything else when he was standing there like some kind of perfectly sculptured deity.

Grabbing my hand, Christian began to lead me deeper into the water. My heart pounded in excitement, fear, and anticipation. The water was cold but refreshing.

The further we went, the tighter I squeezed his hand.

When the water was past my chest, Christian pulled me up into his arms. "Soon you won't be able to touch the ground," he warned.

"Please don't let go!" I begged with panic creeping into my voice. I pushed my glasses more securely up my nose, before wrapping my arms tightly around his neck.

"I won't - I promise," he said it sincerely but there was a smug grin on his face.

"You are enjoying this far too much."

His gaze lowered to my breasts pushed up against his bare chest, only the small fabric of the bikini between us. His grin widened. "Maybe."

"Deplorable," I said with a smile.

"I'll show you deplorable."

The wicked look on his face made my heart skip a beat.

He wouldn't throw me in the water, would he?

He didn't.

Instead, his lips crashed down on mine with such intensity it took my breath away. My heart pounded in my ears and the world around me melted away until Christian and I were the only people in all of existence.

His tongue eagerly invaded my mouth and I surrendered to him. All self-restraint faded away as I let my body take control. I pushed against him harder - I couldn't seem to get close enough.

Christian's one arm held me up as his other hand began to explore my body. Each caress sent electrical currents through me. I trembled and an eager gasp escaped my lips.

How had I gone so long without this - without him. Unconsciously, I began grinding my body up against him - I wanted more. I needed more.

He moaned against my mouth. And then, as if he could hear my own thoughts, he said, "Fuck Charlie, I want you." His was breathless, and passionate. "No, I need you."

My heart slammed against my chest from that confession. Nervous but excited, I slowly reached behind my neck with shaky hands and pull the string of my bikini top.

It slide down my chest exposing my breasts to him. A low, carnal sound came from Christian as his free hand finished untying the back of the bikini.

It fell into the water - but in that moment, I did not care.

Nothing mattered but getting closer to Christian. The world around me was gone. It was only me and him. My mouth found his again and I deepened the kiss.

I was so lost in the moment, I didn't even realize Christian had carried me out of the water until he was lying me down on the blanket.

He broke the kiss breathlessly but before I could seek out his lips again, he pressed his against my neck. My toes curled as he continued to leave a trail of kisses down my neck. Further still, his lips explored. My back arched and my breath quickened.

He continued downward and I could hear my self moaning in pleasure. I was floating away - I was wrapped in a cloud of pure ecstasy. I could feel him gently pulling down my bikini bottoms, and my body ached with anticipation.

Soon, his lips found me again and I gasped.

Tingles erupted throughout my body as my breathing grew louder, and faster. "Christian," I all but begged breathlessly, "I need you."

I needed us to be together fully - I needed more of him. I needed all of him.

He looked up at me with such intense desire my breath hitched. Pushing his swim shorts off, he came up and settled his body between my legs. I was ready for this and throbbed longingly even as he lowered himself down. I couldn't contain the moans that broke free from me, and soon Christian was moaning in unison with me. It grew in crescendo until we both collapsed onto the blanket, breathless and spent.

And that was when we heard the snap of a tree branch.

NOTE:

So, has anyone else realized it has been like 5 years since I last updated this book? LOL

I am pretty sure in all that time I have lost the Majority of my readers, but regardless, I really just want to get back into writing for myself. And my first plan is to get this book finally finished! I have had the idea of the conclusion for so long, I just need to get it all written.

So... If anyone is interested in what I have been up to in the past 5 years, let's see...

Found a man, fell in love, he moved in with me, we had a baby girl <3 Named her Aurora! If anyone has been around for 10 odd years they may remember a book I started a long arse time ago with the protagonist named Aurora. Hehe! Anyways, then I got a promotion at work, and then turned 30!! Eek. And Then had another baby girl! Named her Iris. <3

Needless to say, I've been busy. LOL

I am sorry if my writing is a little awkward right now, I literally haven't written anything in 5 years and this was the very first thing. Maybe by the end of this book I'll have remembered how to write again!

Thanks Soo much for all the continued support, especially anyone who has stuck with me throughout all this years.

Love, peace, & chicken Grease!