Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Echo's POV

"Are you sure this is a good idea?" I asked Conner "I mean they wear trying to kill me like 10 minutes ago."

"Well we could stay out here if you want." Conner said.

"Oh come on," Jacob said. "They are usually nice people..........vampires whatever."

"I find that hard to believe." I muttered but I was whisked thorough the door anyway. The living room I was standing in was all white it was nice and open and cheery with lots of windows. That would let in a lot of light if it wasn't so overcast outside. Not at all what I expected a house that vampires lived in would look like. I mean I would imagine cobwebs, gothic furniture, and large dark curtains that covered the windows. All the vampires that had circled me where sitting on couches and chairs. They wear all freakishly still and they were all staring at me. It was freaky, believe me. "Um hi." I said. "Hi!" the shortest vampire of the group said she had short black hair and her voice sounded like tiny bells like how I would imagine Tinker bell's voice to be like. I'm pretty sure this vampire would not appreciate my comparison. She stood up out of her chair and walked over to me except she was so graceful it was almost like dancing, is she just super graceful or is grace just a vampire ability I was usually to busy running for my life to notice if I possessed any grace. She smiled at me and said "We are going to be great friends! You like clothes and fashion don't you!"

"Um sure." I said. She smiled at me and said "That's Bella." She said pointing at the girl I bumped into earlier. Bella half smiled at me and I decided that was progress. "That's Edward." Edward gave a small nod. "That's Carlisle," I smiled at Carlisle he seemed nice enough. "And beside him is his wife Esme," The red head nodded smiling at me. "That's Renesmee," She pointed to a girl who hadn't been in the clearing. She looked a lot like Edward in the face. Her hair was long and curly and framed her face. But the weirdest thing was that instead of red eyes like most vampires had hers were a chocolate brown color. She smiled at me and I smiled back. "And that's Jasper," she said pointing to a the blonde haired vampire with the scars that covered his arms. He didn't even look at me. I nervously lowered my head and looked at the floor.

"Well you'll need a room! The red haired vampire who I think was called Esme said.

"Oh uh I'm not sure if I'm staying." I said.

"Of course you are," Esme smiled "Conner imprinted on you!" She stated as if that made all the difference. "Conner's bedroom is at the very end of the hall upstairs."

"What?" I asked appalled.

"Oh come on you'll love it. I designed the whole house myself it's a hobby if mine!

"I'll even stock the closet for you!" Alice said clapping her hands together.

"Thanks," I said. "But can I just have some air for a second this is a lot to process."

"Of course dear," Esme said. "And when you come back inside we'll get you a change of clothes." I looked down I hadn't even noticed what I had been wearing until now. I was wearing a heavy coat it was a little ripped up from running through the woods from vampires with Elsa powers and werewolves. Same with the jeans. I was wearing a pair of green converse that didn't look to bad except for the fact that the laces on one had a burr on it. I decided to deal with my wardrobe disaster later. I walked outside and sat on the grass just thinking when I heard some one sit next to me.

"Conner?" I asked.

"Yep." He said. I turned and faced him.

"What is this thing about imprinting? What does it mean?

"Well it's how a shifter finds their soulmate." He said.

"I'm your soulmate I asked incredulously. He nodded.

"It's odd and I really don't know if you understand but I would do anything for you. And it physically hurts me to see you in pain or scared."

"I'm not sure.....I just don't.......um wow." Was all I was able to say. But I could feel what he was talking about. I felt the invisible pull that wanted me to stay next to him. He was the only person I felt I could really trust here.

"I don't know what to do!" I groaned.

"What do you mean?" He asked.

"Well your whole family expects me to stay and I just don't know what to do! I mean they just tried to kill me. And I just met you!" All of a sudden human scent washed over me. The burn which I had been trying to ignore started burning even more. I got up without even realizing that I had following the scent. I started to run when all of a sudden I was tackled. I hissed at the person holding me down. I struggled and finally managed to push the person off me and I kept running toward the human smell when I was tackled for a second time and now I was being held down by three people. I started screaming.

"Get off me!" I screamed. I needed to get to the blood.

"Sue, you need to leave now." I recognized Bella's voice.

"But I just got here and you just came back into town!" The woman protested.

"Let's go see BillyI haven't seen him in forever!" Bella said. They got in the car and drove away. When the scent wasn't surrounding me anymore I stopped struggling. I realized I was being held down by Emmet, Carlisle, and Conner. Conner's face looked pained and upset. I roughly pushed everyone off me and sat up feeling totally disgusted with myself. I was going to kill him if I hadn't been held down. I was a monster.

"Echo, wait up!" I heard Conner yell. I ignored him and kept walking. "Where are you going?" He asked.

"Away from here, away from humans, so I don't kill anybody. It's safer that way!" I yelled frustratedly.

"But you didn't kill her it's ok." Conner said putting a hand on my shoulder but I shrugged it off feeling my hurt twist a little at his hurt expression.

"I would have though if no one had stopped me!" I said.

"All newborns are really uncontrollable when it comes to fresh blood." Conner explained softly "You haven't killed anyone yet and that's very rare for a newborn vampire, we can go out and hunt later and than it will be easier to ignore the thirst. All if the Cullen's are vegetarian vampires, it means they only drink animal blood, see you don't have to kill people and in six months you'll be able to walk through crowds of normal humans no problem. Do you want to go back to the house now?"

"I guess." I muttered deciding that the Cullen's could teach me their vegetarian lifestyle and I wouldn't kill humans and every thing would work out ok. Conner laced his hand through mine and I could feel the heat radiating through the palms of his hands. If he noticed the coldness of mine he didn't give any indication of it. We walked silently hand and hand back toward the house.
__________________________
Hello my awesome readers! I'm sorry I haven't updated in a while but I was suffering from a little bit of writers block but now I've got inspiration and I'm ready to start writing this story again! Thank you to all my readers! Have a glorious day!