Chapter 2

The first thing I saw as white. I clawed at the snow that was covering my eyes and sat up. I was in an alley completely covered in snow. My vision was amazing I could see each individual snow crystal and even the spider that was spinning a web about thirty feet away. My hearing was also wonderful! I could hear the sound of cars zipping past on the highway and the sounds of people talking in there houses. I bet if I focused more I would be able to tell exactly what they were saying. Though I couldn't remember a time when I hadn't been able to hear and see things this good. Actually I couldn't remember very much about myself at all. I didn't know my name, where I was, how old I was, or even what year it was. I groaned loudly in frustration trying to remember. I listened to the sound of my groan echoing off the walls and that's when I remembered. Echo! That was my name! I smiled proudly glad I had remembered something! I stood up and turned around and found myself staring face to face with a broken mirror. I gasped because even with all the cracks in the mirror I could tell I was beautiful! I was super pale with angular features and dark circles under my eyes. My hair was soaking wet. It was a blonde almost white color with blue tips that touched about the middle of my back. It was my eyes that scared me though! They were a bright red color like a demon or something. That's when my throat started burning and I gasped. I wanted the pain to go away. I desperately tried to shove snow in my mouth. It didn't work though and the snow tasted terrible so I ended up spitting it out. That's when I put it together! Red eyes, being super pale, the thirst, I was a vampire but, if I was a vampire that meant that the only way to get rid if the thirst was to drink blood and even though the thirst was overpowering I was strongly repulsed by that thought! I wasn't going to kill any humans or at least try not to I thought. I decided to just start walking. I started walking in the opposite direction from the highway because I definitely didn't want to run into any I had no idea where I was heading. Luckily I didn't come across anyone. If I had I didn't know if I could control myself. I ended up in front of a school. I wondered if I had gone to school here. If I had maybe it could give my an idea of who I was. Also I didn't want to test my luck of not running into anyone. The thirst was almost overpowering but I refused to give in. I saw a door on the top of the school. I backed up and ran full speed toward the school. It surprised me how fast I was running! I leaped gracefully up onto the roof. I walked over to the door. I grabbed onto the door handle and shook it. It was locked.

"Figures." I muttered.

I didn't want to leave any evidence that I had been here but I had no choice. I punched the door as hard as I could. The door broke off the hinges and flew down the stairs with a loud bang. I was still getting used to my enhanced vampire abilities. I sighed and walked down the stairs and into the school. I stepped over the totally messed up door and looked around. I was in what looked like a normal high school. There were gray lockers on one side and on the other was a large bulletin board wedged between two classrooms. I looked at it. It had what I supposed was the school newspaper in the middle. The newspaper was simple it had a main story about the blood drive that was happening on Friday. Suddenly it dawned on me! I wouldn't have to kill a human to get the blood I needed. I could go to a hospital! They had bags of blood that people had donated! I was overjoyed I had found a solution to my thirst. I was about to leave to visit the hospital where it said the hospital was located. When a side column caught my attention. Happy birthday to these students! Echo Freeton December 14! She will be turning 16! The list went on with other students birthdays though I couldn't remember who they were. I heard the chirping of a phone in a classroom. I walked into what looked like a science lab and I walked over to the desk at the front where the chirping was coming from. I opened the drawer and inside was a phone. I looked at the date and time. Saturday, December 18 1:07 A.M. I smiled so I had just turned sixteen that was nice to know. I slipped the phone back into the drawer and headed for the roof. I ran up the stairs desperate to get some blood in my system before I ran into somebody. I ran as fast as I could to the hospital. The hospital was going to be harder. There was definitely going to be people in here and I couldn't just stroll in with my eyes bright red. I circled to the back of the hospital. The windows I thought to myself! They were surely unlocked and if I found a room with no patients in it. No one would even realize I had even come in. I ran back and leaped into the hospital building. I landed about halfway up the building. I crawled like a spider monkey up the walls. I slowly opened the window of what I hoped was an empty room. I was lucky nobody was in here. I slowly slipped into the room. I sniffed the air and I could barely resist the human smell but I forced myself to follow a different trail into where they kept the blood from the blood drive. I smiled when I saw all the blood in bags and then I had a feast.

----------------------------------------------

I promise the Cullen's will come into the story later it's just taking some time for this story to get going lol! Thanks to everyone that reads my story it means a lot to me! Everyone have a fantastic day ;)