Chapter 4

As I got closer to the house I noticed an odd smell, it seemed like a mixture of vampire, human, and that horrible wolf smell that the wolves that were chasing me had. Don't even ask me how that's possible. Then I noticed a boy standing near the house.
He had shaggy black hair that fell over his eyes that were a chocolate brown color. He stopped when he saw me a queer look came across his face. It looked like well he was going to protect me from the people that were chasing me he was going to keep me safe.

"Get behind me." He said calmly. I just nodded and got behind him. I trusted him for some odd reason.
The vampires walked toward me.
The vampire/human/wolf guy guarding me gave a low warning growl to the vampires. The bronze headed one stopped short. He urgently turned to the blonde one that I had jumped over earlier and started talking.

"He imprinted on her." The bronze headed one said.

"Are you sure Edward? " The bronze haired vampire who I assumed was Edward nodded. They came up to me and the blonde haired one that was in the lead said

"Hello my name is Carlisle Cullen, what is your name?"

"Echo." I said. He took a step forward and I nervously took a step back.

"We won't hurt you" Carlisle said softly. Says the people that were about to kill me I thought bitterly. I just shook my head and adjusted myself so that the boy that had been protecting me was in between me and Carlisle.

"It's ok," The boy whispered to me. "Carlisle is against violence of any kind," He smirked "How do you think you got around him so easily?"

I shrugged but reached a hand out to shake Carlisle's.

"This is Edward." Carlisle said. I kept my hand up expecting Edward to shake it but he didn't make any move to shake my hand so I dropped my hand to my side feeling a little embarrassed.

"Are you a mental shield?" Edward asked.

"A what?" I asked.

"You can block vampires special powers that work with the mind.

"I don't know," I said. "I don't think so."

All of a sudden a group of boys poured out of the trees. They all looked to be around 25 or so with tan skin and black hair that was relatively short. The one in the lead greatly resembled the boy that was protecting me. They resembled each other so much I decided that they must be brothers or at least cousins.

"She is not a mental shield!" the leader said.

"I mean she shot ice at out faces the whole way here! Good job ice girl!" one of the guys said.

"Shut up Quil!" The leader said as they ran back into the woods.

"A vampire can't have two gifts." Edward said. Carlisle nodded

"Interesting." he said.

Carlisle took a few steps toward me and was looking at me like I was some interesting science project or a person trying to decide how much money a diamond is worth. Either way it made me uncomfortable. Back off bro. I thought silently in my head at Carlisle. I was about to open my mouth and tell him to back up or something but before I could say anything Carlisle backed up and said,

"Sorry, I'm just trying to figure out the puzzle about your gift."

"Did you just read my mind?" I asked Carlisle remembering what Edward had said about some vampires having gifts.

"No," Carlisle said looking confused. "That's Edward, and he can't hear your thoughts anyway."

Edward looked at me. "That sounded almost exactly like Conner's power." He said.

"Who's Conner?" I asked.

"I'm Conner." The boy I was still standing behind said.

"Oh." I said. Suddenly Carlisle's eyes lit up.

"Echo didn't you run into Bella?"

"Who's Bella?" I asked these people are acting like I should know there names already, I'm pretty sure instant knowledge of a person's name isn't one of my talent *ahem* I mean powers.

"The girl with the long dark hair." Carlisle said.

"Oh yeah!" I said "I ran into her when I was running away from the wolves."

"And the ice," Carlisle said he seemed excited now and was talking so fast I could barely get in a word to answer. "Were you able to do that when you were first turned into a vampire?"

"No," I replied. "It wasn't until after that vampire attacked me in the hospital blood room that I was able to do the ice thing."

"Could the vampire that you attacked you at the hospital have ice powers?" He asked.

"Yeah she did." I said.

"Conner," Carlisle questioned. "Have you touched Echo?"

"Well yeah I think so," he said "When I pushed her behind me."

"She does only have one gift." Carlisle said. "Her gift is when she touches a vampire with a gift she gets that gift. For example, if she touched Jasper she would be able to change people's emotions.

"Are you sure Carlisle? Edward asked.

"Only one way to find out."Carlisle said walking away. You two can stay here, Edward come with me." Carlisle said as he walked off with Edward behind him.

__________________________
I promise that Echo isn't Mary Sue! Her gift does have drawbacks to be revealed later! Dun Dun daaaaaa! Anyway, as promised I got a comment so here is the next chapter! After reading her comment and thinking about it I decided that I should continue writing this story because I wanted to even if no one is reading it! Thank you for your comment! So the last authors note will be the last time I ask for comments and/or votes before updating! Have a supercalifragilisticexpaloidocious week!