Chapter 5

Conner turned to me and asked "Are you alright?".

"I'm ok." I said.

The leader of the boys I had seen earlier strolled into view. Now that he was closer I saw that he had bronze skin and short cropped black hair he was only wearing a pair of jean shorts. He resembled Conner so much I had to ask "Are you guys brothers?"

Conner and the boy started laughing. "What's so funny?" I asked scowling.

"Well," Conner said "This is Jacob my father."

Your Father?! I nearly shouted. looking back at Jacob he looked about 25 and Conner looked about 17 that just couldn't be right! This must have been how Luke felt when Darth Vader announced that he was his father! Jacob smiled at me.

"I don't age and neither does Conner. I'm a shapeshifter that shifts into a wolf. Basically a werewolf though real werewolves are different or at least that's what I've been told though I haven't ever actually met one of these "real" werewolves.

"You were one of the wolves that were chasing me earlier!" I glared at him "You were trying to kill me!"

"Hey!" Jacob said. "In my defense we can't let a bloodthirsty vampire run around in Forks or La push."

"Bloodthirsty?" I questioned.

"Well yeah," Jacob said "We couldn't let you kill some one to get blood."

"Kill someone! Kill someone! I wouldn't kill someone and I'm very offended that you think I did!" I snarled. Hey, this vampire thing makes me sound threatening! Haha! Sadly Jacob seemed unfazed.

"Then how have you been eating?" Jacob asked.

"I broke into the hospital and stole the blood from the blood drive!" I hissed.

"Ok, ok calm down! Well then I'm glad Conner imprinted on you so we couldn't kill you!"

"What's an imprint?" I asked.

"Well an imprinting is when a shifter-" He stopped "Oh alright, I'll let you tell her." Jacob said looking at Conner.

"Hey!" I thought using my newfound vampire power gift whatever. "Your hiding something from me!"

"I'll tell you later" Conner said. It was odd listening to his power it was almost like he was just normally talking but it had a slight echo type quality to it. Hmm that's funny my name is Echo. That's a pretty odd name I wonder how I got it. Maybe....... I was interrupted from my internal musing when Conner announced.

"Let's go introduce you to the family!" He grabbed my arm and dragged me forward the house where a bunch of vampires that had wanted to kill me only moments before were at. Echo, how in the world do you get yourself into situations like this?

__________________________
Hello! Sorry this chapter isn't very long but I have been busy! That's not a good excuse for a short chapter but oh well! Have a magical day!