Chapter 36: Ceremony

Gloom.

It was the only word that could be used to describe the way that everyone felt in the place. Weeps of pain and sorrow filled the entire place as the people grieved for the deceased. It was the only sound that could be heard, other than murmurs of consolation. The picture of the loved one, was shown and everyone could see his young face. He didn't deserve to die. At such a young age? He had his whole life to live. Yet he died under such horrible circumstances. That was the thought everyone had in their minds. It seemed so unfair. It was unfair.

Tatyana stood at the middle of it all. Her hair tied behind her back in a small bun, a black hat sat on top of her head. She wore a black dress, to suit the occasion she was in. But, what many didn't know, it was what she felt in the depths of her heart. Black nothingness. With her head low, tears brimmed her eyes. The cold, hard rain splashed on the dark umbrellas everyone was holding. Elayna saw her daughter and she knew what she was feeling. She was feeling the same way too. As she walked slowly towards her, Tatyana raised her head and looked at her mother's eyes. A warm hug enveloped her and she returned it. The dam they had built all throughout the ceremony, broke and their tears flowed free.

A hand held her shoulder and patted it softly. When she turned, she saw her best friend. For the first time in a while, he was dressed in something official. He wore a black suit, his hair gelled, showing exposing his emerald green eyes and a black tie hung around his neck.

"I know it's hard Tatyana. I'm not going to tell you to stay strong. We all have a time when we need to break out of our bubble and just let our tears flow. And I will always be here to lend a shoulder to cry on." He said and she nodded her head. The royal guards held their umbrellas for them with all they did, making sure her highness didn't get wet.

Breaking out of the hug, she wiped her tears and when she looked up, she saw Lukas, with his arms motioning for her to hug him too. His hair had been neatly cut on the sides and the striking blue hair left on the middle, was combed to the left. He was also dressed in a black suit but he, on the other hand, wasn't wearing a tie. She smiled at his playfulness and did as he wanted her to. He softly caressed her hair and whispered calming words to her. Lukas looked up and told Booker and Elayna to come and have a group hug. They all hugged her and she knew that she wasn't alone in this world, even if she had lost her loved one. She had her friends, her mother and her people around her.

"How comes I'm missing out on the group hug?" That voice, the voice she loved to hear the most. The voice that made her day happier by just listening to his rants and the voice that made her mood lift whenever she was down. Oh how she loved that voice. How she loved that person.

Turning around, she bumped into his hard chest. His scent filled her senses, making her feel calm inside. He wrapped his hands around her frame in a hug so soft, it gave her a warm feeling inside. She looked up and saw his ever handsome smile, comforting her in ways unbelievable. A feeling rushed within her. He was her comfort, her reason to smile, her happiness, her everything. She knew she could rely on him on whatever and whenever it was. That feeling, wherever she would be, as long as she was with him, it was home. He was home.

"Darling, I thought we said no crying yesterday?...But, it doesn't matter. You can cry in my arms. Once the ceremony is over, let's head on somewhere else to lift your mood okay?" Daryl said, looking at her beautiful greens with the softest smile on his lips and he gave her a small kiss on her cheek.

"I don't need to go anywhere. As long as you're by my side, my mood is already lifted." She said, fiddling with his hand. He smiled at her and gave her another hug.

"Come on, the ceremony is over right? Let's leave this place and go home." She smiled at that and held his hand as he led her through the crowd. Everyone saw their youthful love and wished them the best in their lives. They knew the girl had been through a lot, and she deserved the happiest life ever from then on.