Chapter 8: New place.

At long last, Booker and his mother crossed through the borders of Aruza and into the mighty land of Metuza. It was the exact embodiment of a flourishing kingdom. Its lowlands stretched far and wide across the landscape as they made their descent towards the heart of the kingdom. Flowers bloomed while the trees slowly shed their leaves. From afar, they could see the top of the grand castle of the kingdom. His children were seated next to him, nodding off as they fell asleep. His mother was in the same state as them except that instead of nodding, she had rested her head on the carriage window, softly snoring as she took a moments rest before they started moving into their new house.

Booker looked out the window and he let out a sigh. It was a new place, a new life, a change and a new beginning. The sole reason for moving here was to provide for his children and not give them any reason to want. He wanted them to live the life he had once lived before the tragedy. Here, they were immense opportunities and they could be able to chose what they wanted to do in life. The life he wanted them to not just live, but enjoy. They were his only reason for living, as well as his mother.

The carriage horse came to a slow trot in front of a gold, metal gate that was neither big nor small. After waking up his family, he unloaded his luggage with the help of the footman. They werent much, just their clothes and a few valuables, so within five minutes, they had got everything inside the periphery of the house after paying the carriage.

His children were nothing like the sleeping adorable things they were earlier on as they ran around the compound while getting in and out of the house almost every second, bursting with energy. It took all in him to restrain from throwing a glance to his mother. Finally, the urge became difficult to suppress as he walked towards her only to be met by her critical stare. Even in the face of such, he gathered his courage in order to successfully rub it in her face about what he had said earlier.

See mama, isnt this better than the wizened shack we had? And would you just look at the view we have, isnt it all just simply awe-striking? his tone rose towards the end only to be followed by a snort from his mother.

All I see is the injustice we Aruzians are shown, her tone was dismissive and it forced an eye-roll from him.

Why on earth do you tend to be so pessimistic? he looked at her mother and she didnt look bothered by his question.

All Im doing is stating the valid truth, with that, she left to explore the huge house. Booker took it as his chance to go and look for his children. To his utter surprise, he found them bouncing on a bed, in a room located at the corner of the house. The house was a like a mansion that seemed to stretch out all over the compound. Three whole bedrooms was what it had, a separate kitchen, dining room and a sitting room that was as big as big could get.

Griselda was giddy from all the joy she had after seeing the size of the kitchen she would now be working in. A very huge difference from the stuffy, crumbling room she had given the mercy of calling a kitchen before. Pots and pans of the highest quality lined the walls and gray tiles spread all over the counters and the island at the middle of the room. A beautiful beige coat of paint covered the walls, matching with the brown floor tiles in the room. The ceiling was just simply marvelous as it was etched with intricate designs that were pleasing to the eyes. Her heart swelled and her hands ached to start with dinner already, so as to put the kitchen to use for the very first time. Tying her apron round her waist, she was on full cook mode and nothing could distract her then.

Daddy, why is our room white? Marks meek voice brought Bookers attention out of his reverie, admiring the deep chocolate paint on the corridor walls. The house had a nice theme on it, and he intended to leave it that way, except from his childrens room. He wanted to decorate it with them and have some bonding time. A plan was already in his mind, thinking of placing some paintings on the corridor, that he painted himself of the love of his life. He wanted her to live forever in the minds of his children and in his heart as well.