Chapter 19: Departure.

Bertrum got in his lordship's bedroom to check on him. He heard the commotion from downstairs. He knocked lightly on the door and got no respond. He knocked again but there was still no response. He opened the door to find the young boy sat in the furthest corner of the room curled up, with his head resting on his knees and his hands wrapped around his knees. He was visibly shaking and tear streaks could be seen on his face. Bertrum slowly walked up to him.

The prince looked up and saw Bertrum walking towards him. He stopped and bent down to look at him. "Did you know about this?" Bertrum froze with his hand hanging. He didnt answer the question and Daryl started crying again.

"I asked, did you know about this?! Answer me Berty!" Bertrum couldn't answer so he just nodded his head. Daryl stood up and walked away from him.

"I'm..I'm surrounded by disgusting cold blooded murderers. All of you just..just disgust me! I thought you would be the truth in this world of lies Bertrum! Why didnt you want to be the truth?" He looked at Bertrum again. Bertrum stood up and straightened his coat.

"You're lordship, I do as I am told." Daryl shook his head and started to tremble. His hands were tightly clenched and his tears had no plans of stopping. In the next second, Daryl fell down on the floor and his body did not move.

Daryl woke up and ran his hand through his hair. What? What was that? Could...could what that dungeon guy say be true? No! No! That...that was just a nightmare. A really, really bad nightmare. He touched his face and found out that he was still crying. The sun had already risen but not yet fully. I'll go pick Tats up today. Just to make sure she's fine.

He got out of bed and headed straight for the bathroom. He took a shower and came out to wear his royal garments, once he was done. He combed his soft, blonde hair. He took his cape from the head board of his bed and went outside.

Bertrum was running his morning errands. He was shocked to see his lordship up so early and already dressed. He walked up to him.

"Good morning your lordship." He was shocked when Daryl moved away from him with fear clear on his face.

No. No. Daryl, that was just a dream. Berty couldn't be able to do such a thing even if their was a sword pointed at him. Daryl regained his composure and replied to the shocked Bertrum. "Good morning to you too Bertrum." He walked away from him as soon as he got the chance.

"Your lordship, may I ask why you're up so early today? His majesty didnt say that he was going to the village or another kingdom today." He caught up with Daryl and they walked at the same pace.

"I'm going to pick Tatyana up today. We were caught on a very awkward situation yesterday and I haven't gotten any time to clear it up. I thought that if I would pick her up today, I would get time to explain something. Today I'll be extra busy. Father told me that I was supposed to set off to Arden kingdom today at noon. So, that cuts off my lunch with Miss Jones." He stopped explaining once he reached the castle gates. He got on the carriage and went to pick her up for work.

Tatyana was now wearing her uniform and was waiting for the carriage to pick her up. She saw it from afar and went out already. The carriage stopped infront of her gate and she saw Daryl get out of the carriage. He looked regal and showed off elegance and the royal blood that was flowing in him each step he took toward her. Tatyana just stared at him until he was standing in front of her. She didnt move but was just staring at him with dreamy eyes.

"Taty. Hey." He said while waving his hand in front of her face. She snapped out of her trance.

"Daryl, hi." She replied.