Chapter 35: Gone

***********************4 years ago***************************

Daryl walked through the castle corridors, whistling to a merry tune. Hmm, what should I have for lunch today? Maybe lasagna? No I had that yesterday and mom would complain that I eat it a lot. Ugh! I will just eat whatever mom and dad will. Suddenly a bright light was seen ahead of him. He stopped in his tracks and watched as the bright light grew bigger and a hole cut through. Curious, he slowly walked forward towards the light. When he was near enough, he could see twenty two people sat on a large, wooden table. As he walked through the portal, all their eyes were trained on him.

"What is this place? Who are you people?" He asked, taking a look around the place.

The one who seemed to be the leader, got up and face-palmed himself. He then turned to one of the other members and shook his head at him.

"Charlie, how many times do I have to tell you that you should close the portal once you're done with it? Now look, a kid has walked through." Charlie in turn, looked like he was disinterested in what his leader was saying. He then waved his hand and closed the portal he had opened.

"Are you happy now Roger? I closed the portal just like you told me to." He said, feigning innocence. Daryl stood at the opening and wondered who these people were and what this place was. Looking around, he decided to go and sit at an empty chair, next to the leader.

What nerve this boy has? How does he think that he can just come and sit here like it is his place? Roger thought as he slowly sat down on his seat. Right then, a thought came into Daryl's mind. He straightened up on his seat and snapped his fingers in realization.

"You guys are Avalonian fairies aren't you? The wings, the red in everything that you have. With all seriousness you people, do you have some kind of fetish with color red? Anyways, I want to become one of you guys." When he finished his statement, all the councilors bust into fits of laughter. Daryl was now confused, he was being serious and these people were laughing? Roger cleared his throat as he wiped away the tears at the corner of his eyes.

"Ah, I have got to admit, I haven't laughed that much in a very long time. Have we boys?" All the councilors bobbed their heads up and down in agreement.

"Look kiddo, we can just wipe your memory and forget that all of this ever happened? So, don't think that you can threaten us."

"What if I write on a piece of paper and put it in my pocket? What are you gonna do about that huh? Plus, my father owns the golden metuzan spear factory. If I tell him about you, he's going to come and finish you off once and for all. So it's either you make me a fairy or I tell my daddy about you." At the mention of such a lethal weapon, all of the fairies tensed up. The weapon that had almost eradicated all of their kind off the face of the grid. So, from what this boy meant, he was the prince of Metuza. It wasn't all fun and games anymore. Things had just gotten serious.

"Fine kid, we'll turn you into an Avalonian fairy, in turn of you not exposing us. Also, when you become a full fairy, don't tell anyone about it. Keep it all to yourself. We are not sure if your father won't have you murdered." Daryl reached out his hand and Roger took it. The deal was done and all they had to do was to teach the boy. It seemed pretty easy. In the end, it would reap them some benefits. Having an Avalonian fairy owning the company that manufactured the spears, it could solve all of their problems. Now, all they had to do was to trust in the process. But Roger still couldn't believe that he was making a deal with a fifteen year old boy. What has my life turned into? He thought as he shook his head once again.

Daryl walked through the hallway of the place he would be residing in until he was taught how to be a fairy. Who knew this place was big? Charles walked in front of him but kept on throwing him glances.