chapter eleven

I listen to the inviting sounds of Tiana's mother telling a story in the opening. This really has to be my favorite Disney movie. The soft colors and animation, the way it's better then most princess movies and the main characters are frogs for over half it. 

The rooms dim, I closed at the windows earlier. It still smells like pancakes and Niko throughout the whole house.

"Ugh! He's heavier then he looks, y'know!" Honeys annoying whining distracts me from watching the little family make gumbo.

The boy on his back looks embarrassed and somewhat uncomfortable. I thought Niko would like it but maybe I misread his expressions. I stretch my arms out, reaching for them. "You complain so fucking much."

Honey rolls his eyes, "whatever," before dropping the boy onto my lap.

The small boy situates himself on my thighs, leaning his back against a big pillow and squeezing another between his arms. His eyes completely fixated on the big screen.

I turn my head to Honey. He's standing a few feet away, texting someone on his phone and looking disgusted. I reach out and grab his thigh, getting his attention without disturbing my Niko from his movie. He lets me pull him closer but continues to type away, now giggling.

"Honey, sit the fuck down." I demand quietly, glaring right into his azure eyes.

He drops his phone farther down on the couch and plops down beside me. Cuddling into my arm and putting his chin on my shoulder. "I have to leave."

I turn my head to him my eyebrows knitted together so hard I feel it giving me a headache. "What?"

"Not right now, later though."

"Why?" I question, not at all wanting him to leave.

"Mothers bitching because we have special dinner guests tonight or something like that." He rolls his eyes.

"I'll talk to her."

"No, don't! She doesn't know about us. I'll tell her... Just later, I don't want her to ruin this." He squeezes my arm tighter.

"I'll just tell her your helping me babysit."

Honey smirks, kissing my lips before speaking in a seductive whisper. "Come with me then."

A small giggle reminds me that there's another boy in the room. It's not like I can show up to dinner with some random kid, but it's not like I can leave him here.

"If your worried about Niko you can leave him in my room or something. Or maybe send him home before we go to jail for kidnapping. He's not your fucking responsibility, call cps." He rolls his eyes.

"I'm not calling fucking cps, they just make shit worse." 

Wait, I can possibly be charged with kidnapping. Fucking christ, why did I do this to myself?

I turn my attention back to Niko, pausing the movie. He looks at me with a pout.

"We need to have a serious conversation."

His bottom lip trembles, "I'm in trouble?"

"No of course. It's about you staying with me." I think more about what to say before continuing. "As much as I'd like for you to stay. I don't think you can. Your fifth-teen and without parent's consent-... Well... I guess we could get you emancipated."