𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟔: 𝐓𝐨𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫

Everyone was placed on different sides of the map with their partner in this trial. It was the same forest in which the first trial was taken in, the moon still hovering over them mockingly. With no hesitation, the survivors automatically went into survival mode, grabbing their partner and making their way to the generators that laid all throughout the area.

On the killer's side, the girls were equipped with the same weapon that their partner used. All of them being distributed across the map, leaving them alone with their killer.

Kennedy got up, a rusted metal saw in her palm as she glanced at it. "This means...", she then turns around to meet the gaze of the ghostly nurse staring right back at her, "I guess I'm with you", Kennedy smiled awkwardly. The floating apparition floated near her, her hand outstreched as Kennedy closed her eyes in fear. A hand was then placed on top of her head as she flinched involuntarily, before it gently head pats her.

A few seconds pass by as the pats abruptly stop, Kennedy slowly opening her eyes, one by one, revealing the nurse was a few feet away. Kennedy tilted her head in confusion and apprehension as the ghost gestured her to follow. She gulped, her hand tightening on the hilt of the saw as she followed. Once she came close enough, the sack covered woman lifted her left palm again, orange specs floating around it as she clenched her fist. They were both transported, or "blinked" through an area.

Before Kennedy can comprehend what just happened, she saw Dwight and Frances running in her direct line of sight. She turned to find the nurse, only to find her near the couple as her medical saw was lifted over Dwight. "LOOK-", before she could finish, her mouth was zipped like a cartoon as the nurse slashed Dwight's back, him falling to the ground with Frances in hand as they screamed in agony.

Dwight's wounds glitched as the same wounds were shown on Frances, both of them looking at each other at this revelation. Kennedy then unzipped her mouth, only for it to close again, her eyebrows furrowing as she dashed to her bestie. She grabbed the nurse by her ghostly arm, the apparition glancing at her for a second before turning her attention back to Dwight. Kennedy then lifted her own weapon, trying to strike her partner with her metal saw as her arm muscle strained midway, the muscle being torn on the inside as she dropped the saw, muffled screams coming out of the little crevices of the zipper.

The nurse looked at Kennedy as the saw clattered onto the grassy floor, her body contorting like a humanized pretzel as her screams of pain were muffled by the zipper on her mouth; the nurse's hands flailed in a way that showed she had no idea what was going on and how to prevent it. Dwight and Frances took this opportunity to get up, both of them looking at the twisted, disfigured girl in horror. Out of her own volition, Kennedy agonizingly lifted her hand towards her own mouth as she ripped the zipper open, blood and pieces of her lips flying, "RUN!", she screamed. Frances' tears streamed down her face rapidly at the instruction, Dwight grabbing her arm, "KENNEDY!", she screamed as she was dragged away from her best friend, thrashing around as her arm outstretched in hopes of reaching her. The last thing Frances saw was sharp, staticy tendrils shooting out of the ground as they stabbed into Kennedy, the both of them still having eye contact as Frances' screams became more hysterical and desperate as Dwight held her back.

"Escape. For me bestie", Kennedy said, gurgling blood as the last tendril drilled its way in her skull, her partner floating towards her as the ghostly hand carressed Kennedy's cheek. The sack covered head had two circles of wetness where the eyes should be, Kennedy, realizing that she's crying, smiled warmly for the last time. Kennedy, in that moment, knew what truly was going on in the trial.

The killers are not to be blamed.

Dwight dragged Frances behind an almost demolished wall, propping her back on it as Frances sniffled and hyperventilated. Her face was puffy as she cried into her one of her palms, the other hitting the wall as her sorrowful wails were heard from a mile away as Dwight didn't know what to do. He frantically looked around for anything of use, coming to the conclusion to just hug her. "May I hug you?", Dwight asked, making sure he got consent before laying any hand on the small girl. Frances' just rapidly nodded her head, jumping at him as her arms wrapped around his torso, squeezing him tightly.