I look at the dress in her hand and recognize that it is the same dress that we bought from the mall. Shit! The dress that I swear I wasn't going to wear ever. I look at its neck and gasp again, just like I did back at the mall before buying it. Oh my god! This is so not good. I cannot wear this. Hell no!

"Emily, no, I am not wearing this," I tell her strictly, shaking my head.

"But why Nikki? We bought this so you can wear it, right? Not for keeping it as a showpiece in a rack." She scoffs at me.

"Look at the dress, Emily?" I tell her, pointing at the dress she is holding. "My boobs will be totally spilling out of that dress." I groan in frustration. "I don't want to grab attention by flashing my breasts."

"What are you talking, girl? Women literally roam around in clubs showing their ass off and nobody cares about it." She frowns. "And your dress is just going to reveal a little bit of your cleavage. It isn't that bad and after all its such a nice dress," she says, giving me a sly smile.

"Just a little bit?" I snort. Is she crazy or what?

"Please, Nikki, Don't say no to this. Please...?" She says making a puppy dog face. I know how far Emily can go to get me into doing this so I don't waste my time arguing with her and agree.

I sigh and say. "Fine." Why is it always me who has to end up agreeing for everything? I know I am going to regret this so much later.

"Oh, my god! Thank you, Nikki!" Her face lightens up, and she immediately jumps on me and hugs me tightly. I smile and hug her too.

Grabbing the dress from her hand, I make my way to the bathroom. But before I can go in, Emily stops me.

"Wait, Nikki!" She throws a strapless plunge bra at me. "Take this." She says, winking at me.

I catch it and roll my eyes at her. Going into the Bathroom, I quickly change into the dress. I look down at my chest and instantly mutter a curse. I have never worn anything like this before. Yeah, I have tried short dresses before, but this one is on a whole different level. When I step out, I see Emily already wearing a black sleeveless dress. She looks beautiful in it. When she looks at me, her mouth remains hung open. I was expecting this kind of reaction from her.

"Fuck! you look so hot, Nikki!" She pipes in a high-pitched voice.

"Yeah, sure," I say in a bored tone.

She rolls her eyes at me and then says. "Come on, let me do your makeup."

After about half an hour of struggling, we are fortunately done with everything. Emily has curled my brown hair, which really looks good. She took great efforts to give a smokey look to my eyes, which is really amazing. I didn't know that she was so good at this. I apply a red lipstick, complimenting my makeup as I look myself in the mirror. I am glad that I managed to cover my neck with the concealer. Damn! I actually look good. I look back at Emily and see that she has straightened her long hair. She kept her makeup minimal, still managing to look beautiful. She looks absolutely gorgeous in that little black dress.

"You look stunning, Nikki!" she says.

"I can say the same for you." I smile at her. As we grin, looking at each other, we hear the doorbell ring.

"It must be Sam. I'll get it." She says and walks out of the bedroom.

I follow her as she walks towards the living room. Emily opens the door and we see a very happy Sam standing outside.

"Hey, Emily! You look amazing!" He says, looking at Emily. I glance at him and see that he looks absolutely normal. I remember how disappointed he looked back earlier at the cafe, but now he looks completely fine. I don't know if he is hiding it or what, but he doesn't look a bit affected by what happened between us. I see that he is wearing all black attire, and he is simply rocking it.