Chapter 4

Disclaimer: I do not own Austin and Ally.

Chapter 4:

Ally's P.O.V:

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Dear Mom,

So I finally finished unpacking everything! I can finally walk around my room without bumping into boxes! I'm still getting used to remembering where things are, but other that we are fully unpacked and officially living here. Dad opened his new store at the mall and ever since he has business has been booming and he's just been so happy lately…Oh and Jessica, don't worry, she's still the nauseatingly peppy person who simply insists I perform at her boss's wedding. She knows I have stage fright but she said and I quote, "Oh Ally, you'll grow out of it! You have such a lovely voice that needs to be heard!" Oh please, Jessica just wants to impress her boss and using me is just another step in her plan. But she's been busy lately because of her promotion I was telling you about and Dad keeps warning me not to pester her "very important work". I mean I'm sure it is but I wouldn't want to bug her anyways, we have nothing in common to possibly talk about.

I glanced up from my writing and looked across the street to a certain blonde's house. I looked in through his large open bedroom window that seemed more like two huge glass doors than windows. I smiled as I saw the blond sitting on his bed strumming his guitar, bopping his head to the unknown rhythm while avidly singing along.

Oh and I almost forgot to tell you…I met a guy named Austin that lives across from us and he's so sweet and funny, and yes cute but right now I feel we are getting to know each other as friends…We actually have things in common and he's so easy to talk to and his eyes just remind me of eyes I've seen before but I couldn't pinpoint it, I mean all your life you go seeing eyes everyday but when you need to match them up…

I frowned and as if I would find the answer, looked back over to Austin's place only to find him gone from my sight. I inhaled deeply closing my eyes as a wave of November air tumbled by. I pulled my light blue fall knitted sweater down my arms but not before the goose bumps crept up.

It's getting colder here Mom and I remember when I was little you used to tell me when it gets colder that's when the real dreams and life changing stories happen. I just know you would have loved it here Mom and I wish you were here with us...I love and miss you.

Love Forever and Always,

~ Ally xx

I sighed sadly and gently shut my songwriting book. I set it aside and curled up in my comfy chair on the balcony and looked out beyond at the scenery. It was late in the afternoon and as I looked out everyone was living there normal lives. A little boy was playing in the leaves in his front yard, throwing them in the air while his little sister was trying to do the same, glancing over furtively and mimicking his actions. A mother was settling her fussy baby in a car seat while trying to hold her cell phone between her shoulder and cheek, talking loudly into the phone but shhhing the baby as if it would understand. But my eyes traveled over to the only place that wasn't particularly occupied. I glanced back into my bedroom to look at the clock that read 6:15pm deciding if I should go or not. Making up my mind, I moved back inside my room to open my closet door. I walked inside and put on my blue jeans, long brown leather boots and knitted hat. I took a quick look in my full length mirror and made a mental note to thank Auntie Grace for convincing me to get light brown highlights mixed in with my curly mousy chocolate brown hair. I quietly stepped into the hallway and started for the stairs, but I stopped as soon as I heard a voice through the wide crack of an open door next to me. I peered in and saw Jessica sitting at her desk, feverishly pecking away at her laptop. Her glasses slide down her nose and she only broke her connection with the keys, only to push them back up. She had her phone beside her and spoke loudly to it. She swiveled around in her chair and suddenly shot up standing with the phone clenched in her long manicured hands. I quickly moved out of sight and pressed my back against the wall in the hallway, squeezing my eyes shut and holding my breath not excepting her to get up from her work. "I wanted that done yesterday Nicole, yesterday!" She yelled firmly pacing the room coming closer and closer to the door with every pace. "If you screw this up, you screw it up for all of us and that's just- no…stop NO Nicole you listen to me! I want those papers on my desk by tomorrow morning and if they aren't you better hope and pray we won't be fired." And with that she angrily hung up and quickly fixed her bun. She bustled back to her seat and resumed her typing, pushing her glasses up when necessary. I slowly moved back to the crack and peeked in to make sure she wasn't facing the door and quickly hopped by to gently run down the stairs and swiftly opened the front door but when I stepped outside into the bitterly cold air, I carefully shut the door tightly behind me before I set off towards the sidewalk.

It felt refreshing to actually get out and just explore the new environment around me. The bright red, orange, yellow, and brown leaves scrapped the pavement and when a car drove by they danced in the air and mixed together to float back down. I passed the house with the brother and sister playing in their front yard. The young boy was now riding his bike up and down the driveway while the little girl sat on the curb, scrunching her face and pouting her mouth. I stopped and cautiously approached her, "Are you okay?" Her bright blue eyes made their way to my brown ones and she bounced up, unfazed at how I was a complete stranger and pointed her stubby little fingers over to her brother. "Max won't share! I want to ride the bike too!" She pounded her small feet; her vibrant red curls bounced with her and tears looked like they would spill out at any second. An idea abruptly came to me and smirked to myself knowing this would work. I inhaled sharply and clutched my hat, getting her blue eyes to intently watch me. "Oh my gosh, that's terrible!" I said dramatically to the empty space next to her. She looked over to her side, confused and looked back to me unsure of what was happening. "Well what can I do to help you your highness?" I said bending down to converse with the imaginary royalty. "What happened?" the little girl questioned. "Well why Princess May Belle needs help finding her tiara! She's seems to have lost it and needs help finding it! Will you help us?" I asked poking her jacket as she smiled. "Of course!" she giggled and bounded around the yard searching eagerly. I ran around with her for a few minutes until finally she "found" the tiara and presented it to the Princess. "She says thank you! Did ya hear her?" I nodded enthusiastically. "Now I've got to go now but thank you for helping my friend May Belle find her tiara! If you want she can stay with you," Her face looked surprised and I took that as a yes when she gave me a huge hug, jumping up and down. "What's your name? My name is Junie! I can spell it! See! J-U-N-I-E." she recited. "Wow great job Junie! My name is Ally," I bent down to shake her hand and I turned to cross the street but looked over my shoulder to see a beaming Junie, waving cheerfully while holding out her little hand cupped around the air next to her, "holding" Princess May Belle's invisible hand. "Bye Ally!" she shouted. I waved back and felt pleased with myself as I crossed the road. After a few blocks of walking I finally arrived; the park was vacant and the swings jingled and blew in the wind. I took a deep breath and my nose was greeted with a fresh, piney smell. I moved further in the park, the leaves crunching under my feet and sat over at the trunk of a maple tree. I tilted my head back against the tree and ran my hands through the grass. I the serenity of the emptiness was peaceful and I closed my eyes and hummed a quiet tune as the cool breeze blew. Unexpectedly, moments later, the light that shone through my eyelids, became darker and as I realized something was blocking the light, a familiar voice spoke, "You know you have a beautiful voice,"

A/N: Okay so here is chapter 4 and im pretty sure you know who the familiar voice is...hahaha. I hope you liked the new character Junie! I think she is just too adorable. PLEASE REVIEW AND VOTE, it motivates me to write more! Thank you to all who have!

~ Jazzy xx

Twitter? (P.S. I dont recommend following me if you dont want One Direction stuff on your timeline...but if you do, tweet me and i'll follow back!) @Jazzy_Taiwo1D