Chapter 1

Disclaimer: I dont own Austin and Ally.

Ally's P.O.V:

The speed of the car made the blur of fall colors blend into a beautiful mixer of November. I sat there staring out the open window, curled up in my seat amazed at how beautiful fall really was. I rested my head on my arm while I took in my new life waiting ahead of me. My step-mom was offered a promotion which of she had to take of course, and that meant picking up and moving ourselves to where she had to work. I had to start living my life and make friends in a totally different place and I admit I was scared. But I knew Mom was up there watching and protecting me. A fresh, chilly breeze hit my face bringing me back to reality to hear my Dad say, "We are almost there Ally-cakes! Brand new neighborhood! Are you excited honey?" I shrugged slowly being careful about what my response would be. I didn't want to tell him that I really wasn't up for moving to a different state and starting all over just for Jessica. I knew he would stress himself out wondering if this was what was really best. So I replied, "Yeah, I can't wait to unpack my stuff in my new room!" I flashed a forced smile and I guess he bought it because I saw his cheery face light up even more, "That's great honey, I'm so excited for you to see the new house." I plugged my earphones and listened to my iPod(1) playlist of Taylor Swift(2) until I felt the car come to a stop. "Here we are!" my Dad exclaimed. I glanced out the passenger side window to be greeted by a huge, timeless three-story house unlike all the other houses in the neighborhood, this house stood out. I speechlessly stumbled out of the car, removing my earphones and stuffing them in my sweatshirt pocket and stood shocked outside my new home.

"Wow," I uttered. My Dad gave a slight smirk and chuckled while he headed towards the trunk of the car. The house seemed European in an odd way with stone walls, ancient looking windows, and a curving stone pathway to the front door where a middle-age blond named Jessica stood. "Allyson! It's so nice to have you finally here!" she screeched, extending her pale arms to only pull me into a tight embrace. Her chunky ugly necklace scratched my check and I felt myself cringing but I heard my Dad rummaging through the trunk of the car so I unwillingly smiled and replied, "Same here! Uh you look nice Jessica!" She flashed me her million dollar smile and waved her freshly manicured hands, "Oh stop now Allyson you're just saying that". I simple 'Thank You Ally' would have been great...I thought as I rolled my eyes. My Dad emerged from the rear of the car with two boxes stacked on top of each other. He stumbled on his own feet almost dropping the boxes. He peeked his head out from the side and gave Jessica an embarrassed smile, "Hello dear, how are you?" She gave him an empathic look and shuffled over in her 5 inch heels, not really able to move in her pencil skirt and tight white blouse. She removed the boxes from his hands and pulled him into a hug while repeatedly pecking his checks with quick little kisses. I felt myself starting to gag, not sure if I was going to keep down my lunch, I cleared my throat "Um well I guess I'll go check out my room then" I said. Jessica turned, seeming to forget I was still there and smiled while flicking her hands as to shoo me off, "Of course sweetheart! This is your house too!" I gladly turned away and heard her giggling as I reached the front door and shivered at the thoughts that can into my mind. I stepped inside and felt my eyes open wide, astonished.

The marble floors gleamed from the bright chandelier that hung above my head. I walked up the spiraling staircase holding on to the cold railing while admiring the portraits and paintings covering the olive colored walls. I passed a few rooms until I reached a door with a couple of boxes labeled 'Ally' in front of the oak door. I assumed this was my room and slowly stepped inside and turned the lights on to see a beautifully spaced and designed bedroom. It was painted white and lavender with a gray 'A' over the bed, there was a bathroom over in the far side of the room, an empty bookshelf and a small balcony towards the front of the room. I opened the balcony doors and overlooked the view of the neighborhood and park a few streets over. I peered over the railing to see Jessica and my Dad kissing in the driveway. I frowned and turned around feeling uncomfortable and like an intruder in an intimate moment. A swift breeze swept through the double doors and I felt the goose bumps start to cover my arms. I glanced around to my bed which was already made with the gray pillows propped properly on the deep purple comforter. It looked welcoming and warm and suddenly I felt exhausted from the long five hour car ride. I hopped on the fluffy bed, laid my head on the soft pillows and stared outside through my open balcony doors to see a beautiful sunset in the sky. The warm orange light covered my floor and walls, it was so gorgeous I didn't want to look away but I felt my eyes begin to become heavy and as I drifted off to sleep I whispered, "Goodnight Mom".

(1) I do not own Apple Inc. or Apple products

(2) I do not own Taylor Swift or her songs

A/N: So I know this chapter is kinda boring, but I promise you it will be better when Austin comes into the story which should be in the next chapter! Please review and vote! Thanks for reading!

~ Jazzy xx

Twitter? (P.S. I dont recommend following me if you dont want One Direction stuff on your timeline...but if you do, tweet me and i'll follow back!) @Jazzy_Taiwo1D