Chapter 2

Disclaimer: I dont own Austin and Ally.

Austin's P.O.V:

My hands seemed to float across the smooth black and white keys as I played the melody. My head bobbed to the rhythm and my feet hit the floor with a steady beat. As I was about to play the difficult new chord I decided to add in, I felt my heart speed up, anticipating the difficult measure. My eyebrows furrowed together as my fingers come upon the proper keys but deviated and stumbled on the incorrect ones for the seventieth time today. I let out a frustrated breath and slammed my hands down on many random keys in anger, cursing between slams and in return the piano bellowed sonorous noises. I ran my fingers through my hair and rested my elbows on the edge of the keyboard with my head in my hands. Why can't I get this simple chord? I grabbed a pencil and started erasing the measure with force. RIPPP! I closed my eyes in annoyance knowing the paper ripped. I crumbled the music sheet only to toss it in the bin to stay with the other music mistakes. I grabbed a new sheet from the depleting stack of paper and started to write again. "Austinnnnnnnnnnn!" a motherly voice chirped from downstairs causing my hand to slip and make a long pencil mark cross the paper. I grimaced to myself and replied, "Coming Mom!" I closed the lid to the grand piano, patted her surface and sighed, "Sorry Taylor, I'll get it eventually," I walked up to the door, stepped into the hallway glancing behind my shoulder to look at the shiny black piano gleaming in the dim window light and descended down the stairs.

"Okay so the cookies and the biscuits are finished…wait am I missing something? Ugh shoot what was it again?" She pinched the bridge of her nose, squinting her eyes trying to remember the forgotten item. "Ah! The pie!" The frazzled woman muttered to herself. She scrambled around the kitchen almost bumping into the granite island multiple times. She opened the oven and was greeted with a warm burst of heat. She grabbed the pie with an oven mitten and carefully maneuvered over to the island to place it into a pie tin. "Austinnnnnnnnnnnn!" she called over her shoulder. She heard him answer and turned to grab the basket and pie. "Austi-" she began to utter as she whipped around to only bump into her 17 year-old son.

"Oh I'm sorry honey," she chuckled patting my chest. "No problem Mom, uh what did you need?" I responded looking at her flour stained appearance and exhausted expression. "You look like you just hugged the pudgy dough boy," I joked and smirked as she playfully hit my shoulder. "All right, enough. Well I need you to wipe that smirk off your face and replace it with a neighborly smile because I need you to take this basket of pastries and this pie over to the Dawson's house across the street," she instructed, placing the basket and pie tin in my hands. "Are you serious? Mom you know I was in the middle of music session. I have to stop just to deliver some stupid pastries to people we don't even know? Not happening," I pulled an annoyed face and started to hand the basket back when I noticed my Mom's face. She looked hurt and disappointed. "Austin Monica Moon," Here it comes…I thought. "I thought I taught you better than that. I have been in this kitchen since morning baking, while you were locked the music room not even bothering to help. I know you are very serious about what you do in there, but you need to slow down and realize what you have in front of you Austin. Now I want you to take this basket over there while I clean the kitchen okay," She said firmly. I looked deeper into her expression, past the face she put on for everyone to see and saw the wrinkles by her eyes, the worry lines on her forehead, and the tiredness in her eyes. She turned away looking like she was holding back tears and suddenly I felt ashamed in myself. I cleared my throat feeling uncomfortable, "Yes Ma'am" I said quietly. She never did ever raise her voice or seem upset with me like this and I started to begin to regret my choice of words. I retreated to the door with my tail between my legs, grabbed my black leather jacket and stepped out into the crisp November air.

As I approached the Dawson's house I felt as I was entering a whole different part of town, the house never really did fit in with the rest. I passed this house every day and now as I pressed the doorbell I thought, Mom was right, I haven't really been very observant lately. I shifted my weight from one leg to the other waiting for someone to answer the door. These Dawson's better be worth my mom getting upset. I knocked on the door a little more impatiently and rolled my eyes. Did she even think to check to see if they were home? I tried to look through the opaque glass on the sides of the door but it was all blurry. I sighed, coming to the conclusion that no one was home and Mom would just send me back later. I turned and started to descend down the stone steps when I heard an almost faintly audible feminine voice question, "Hello?" I sighed and turned my head. I could feel my mouth slowly drop. My eyes only focused on her. Before me stood a beautiful petite brunette with big chocolate-brown puppy eyes that complimented her pale skin perfectly. A smile crept on my face as I turned to face her, scratching the back of my head. I was unsure as to what I would say to this mysterious girl hiding behind the door. She shyly smiled back so I decided to go with something simple enough as, "Hi".

A/N: So I hope you enjoy this chapter and please review and vote!

~Jazzy xx

Twitter? (P.S. I dont recommend following me if you dont want One Direction stuff on your timeline...but if you do, tweet me and i'll follow back!) @Jazzy_Taiwo1D