Chapter 10

Disclaimer: I do not own Austin and Ally:

Chapter 10:

Ally's P.O.V:

Saturday, December 29, 2012

Dear Mom,

It's been a week since the dinner party and I still haven't heard from Austin. I know it's the holidays but I at least thought he would call or text... I think he's still upset about how the dinner party turned out. I didn't have a chance to talk to him after he came back from his talk with his older brother. Mr. and Mrs. Moon left as soon as Austin and Asher set foot inside but not before apologizing a million times while Austin and Asher were outside. We made brief eye contact before he left but that's it. I guess he just needed some space and time with his family to work things out. I don't want him to think I'm mad because I'm not. But to be honest Mom, the dinner party was uncomfortably awkward and tense. I had no idea he had any problems with his brother...

*Flashback*

The sound of the front door swinging open and banging shut echoed through the strangely quiet house. The warmth from the food that filled the once loud and noisy dining room was now over powered by the sickening silence caused by the previous events. Asher was still leaning over the table with his fists clenched, breathing deeply yet quietly. His red face made his bright blond hair even brighter while he still stared at the door at which Austin exited. Austin's parents were also deep shade of crimson but for a totally different purpose; Mrs. Moon had a look of terror plastered on her small features and seemed to be in disbelief while Mr. Moon ran his fingers through his graying hair like a familiar blonde usually does under strenuous conditions. Dad was trying to look anywhere but the Moon family; he gave the impression of taking interest of using his fork to poke at the steamed and seasoned vegetables on his plate. Jessica kept fidgeting around in her seat; I could tell she wanted to break the silence but couldn't decide if it was the best decision in this instant. Austin's brothers stared blankly at their plates before them but Amber, who seemed to be holding her breath during the whole ordeal, finally broke her silence. "Seriously Asher? Really? Now was the best time to go on a complete rampage? Especially with Austin? You know he feels bad enough! So why? What is wrong with you?!" She stared intensely at her older brother; her eyes squinting in disbelief and her blond bangs shaking with her wild movements. She watched him for a moment; searching him for something recognizable but soon shook her head in dissatisfactory and crossed her legs while throwing her napkin on her plate and laughing menacingly. Asher uncoiled his fists slowly but still stood rigid beside me. "I don't-" Mrs. Moon started with an air of wonder and question shaking her head,while looking above. "I don't understand why this would happen...What happened? What happened to my family? Why is this happening? Asher-" She said this all very slowly and seemed close to tears but didn't appear to be on the verge yet. Her petite frame turned to face Asher who lifted his face to her; his anger quickly draining once he saw her pain-stricken face. "Asher why? He's your younger brother. I don't care what he's done, he's my son and so are you!" She pointed at him, accenting on the words 'so', 'are' and 'you'. "When all is gone and no one is there, guess who's there? Family Asher, family. We don't have time to waste holding pointless grudges with people-especially our loved ones! I raised you better Ashton!" Asher eyes went wide at the sound of his full birthname and the sight of his mother who was now very close to bursting. She turned to Dad and Jessica with a look of plea, "Lester, Jessica, Mike and I apologize for our family's behavior tonight and I assure you it won't happen again. I don't know why this happened, I... Why would this happen? I don't-" Mrs. Moon shook her head and placed her hand on her chest, breathing deeply and shakily. Mr. Moon rubbed her back with circle motions and gave her an emphatic look as her tears stung her eyes While she tried to keep her composure. Mimi covered everything that needed to be said. All he could do now was try to calm her down. I looked to Asher, by now whose demeanor changed drastically; his once crimson shade was now a flushed pale tone. His hazel brown eyes were wide as he ran his fingers through his blond strands. "Mom-" he started with plead apparent in his voice but a voice that had been mostly quiet during the dinner stopped him. "Dude, drop it," Aaron held a firm yet soft gaze with his surprised older brother; to be honest nobody expected Aaron to say anything. I felt like retreating and sinking back in my chair. All the tension was starting to suffocate me. I wanted to run from the room and breath in some fresh air. I wanted to make sure Austin was okay, I wanted to let him know he had someone to talk to...

A draft of cool wind blew on my bare shoulder and knocked me out of my thoughts. I looked to my side and saw Asher was gone. Dad, Jessica, and Mr. & Mrs. Moon already left the table and were know seated in the living room; Jessica sat next to Mrs. Moon and held her hand and whispered words that made Mimi nod & smile shyly. Dad and Mr. Moon looked engaged in their own conversation as well. Austin's siblings were still seated at the table with me but remained silent. They all seemed to be lost in their own mind and thoughts. Dark hazel eyes met mine from under her bangs and she smiled faintly, "You must never want to see us or Austin again," Amber rolled her eyes and shook her head; her smile faded completely as she stared out the window to observe the windy weather. "I wouldn't think of it, you guys are the most interesting and lively people I've ever met. You all are welcome here anytime... Just make sure Asher and Austin control some of their anger issues," I said with an air of humour. I smiled and saw Amber flash back a knowing smile. I knew she knew Austin well enough to know he sometimes has his hissy fits. Its funny to watch at times because he looks ridiculous pouting around. I heard a laugh from Anthony who nodded and added, "True! Once a few years back, Austin was showering and I decided to scare him. So i waited till he was in the shower, shampooing and singing but then I swung the door open and he shrieked like a girl! You should have seen how mad he was at me after!" Aaron nodded eagerly in remembrance and proceeded to tell me another 'Austin flips out story'. We did this until Asher and Austin strolled back inside and caused the room to quiet again. My eyes were rapidly searching his face for any sign of emotion. He needed to talk, I could tell he wanted to but I saw relief in his eyes when he glanced at Asher; smiling simply. But he and Asher were engulfed around by the rest of the Moons; who all politely hugged and said goodbye quickly but soon it was only Dad, Jessica, and I alone again in the large house.

*End of Flashback*

I guess you can say the dinner party started to repair the damaged relationship between Jessica and I. She told me as we cleared the dining table, "Allyson I love Mike and Mimi but I do not want us to end up like Ashton and Austin. I think we need some more communication and I've decided to set an appointment for us with Mr. Rudi; our therapist." ...yes Mom, she got us a therapist. Even though she didn't "communicate" with me about the therapist, Dad voiced his opinion on how that's a wonderful idea. I'm so excited. Can you hear the sarcasm because I don't think I could never be excited about that... Anyway, I have a surprise for Austin that I planned a few days ago. I called Mimi and Mike to make sure it's okay and I hope he likes it...he deserves it and who doesn't like surprises?

My phone vibrated telling me it's time to go get Austin from his house for the surprise. I smiled down at the flashing reminder and silenced it.

I have to go Mom, Austin doesn't know I'm coming. Seeing Austin's huge family just made me miss you more, but I felt like I was no different than them. They made me feel welcome, they made me feel at home. I love you Mom.

Love Always,

Ally xx

I could hear the echo of the Moon's doorbell from outside the house as I waited for someone to answer the door. A familiar face of Mrs. Moon appeared in the side door window; smiling and waved her small hands. "Head on up Ally, he has no idea what's going on but I told him to go get changed into something nice." She winked and I blushed at her thinking that I was taking Austin on a date. I mentally laughed as I climbed the stairs, Austin and I a date? No... When I reached the blonde's door, I knocked loud enough for him to hear, A faint "One second," came through the door and I stood waiting for him. "Eh Em" A throat was cleared behind me as a tall Asher stood in the middle of his door frame in a pair of black slippers and gray sweatpants he appeared to sleep in. He held a empty coffee mug and toddled his hair after he stretched over-exaggeratedly; purposefully flexing his muscles through the white v-neck. He cockily raised his eyebrows in suggestion and gestured to Austin's door as he shuffled by and started down the stairs. I shook my head and rolled my eyes as he replied sarcastically, "Good morning to you too Princess..." I stifled a laugh and a smile just as Austin's bedroom door opened. Ally? What are you doing here?" Austin's eyebrows furrowed together in confusion. He wore a deep blue button up dress shirt with the all the buttoned except the top three revealing his classic whistle necklace. His dark gray jeans faded to black at the bottom and ended with bright green high-tops. I rolled my eyes in impatience as I looked at the time and grabbed his hand, "Austin come with me...

A/N: Chapter 10 yay! So I decided I can't stay mad at you guys any longer. I didnperi proof-read it so sorry for mistakes. Thanks for the birthday messages I really love them! Review review! Lets try and get to 10 reviews at least? I don't think that's too hard :) Thanks for reading to my reviewers and my silent readers! Follow me on twitter Jazzy_Taiwo1D

~Jazzy xx