Bonus part 3 ♠️♥️🃏: 2) Remedy

"So..." Angel drawled our loud thoughtfully as he remained seated in the dungeon laboratory with the much shorter angler-fish demon who was fiddling with his chemistry set nearby. "Ya've know Smiles and Husky how long?" He threw the black-clad scientist he was 'helping' a curious look.

"I've known Alastor for a number of decades now and, of course, your significant other ever since their alliance was formed. Why do you ask?" Baxter responded keeping his focus on separating the chemical components that made up the spider venom in his possession so that he could determine the chemical compounds needed to generate an anti-venom.

"Just curious. Is Al always such a massive pain in the ass or is he just like that with me?" The pink furred spider still wearing his pink sports bralet and black leggings sighed setting his head in one hand and toying with the fidget spinner he had found lying abandoned on the desktop.

"Personally I've always found Alastor quite amiable but then, I'm not the one who's courting his closest confidant.." The angler-fish demon replied and this made Angel frown. He didn't ask how Baxter knew that he and Husk were dating. He didn't have to, he could have heard from anyone in the hotel as it was hardly a big secret around here..

"So he is jealous of me? Haha, that's cute.." The pale pink furred spider demon suddenly chuckled in some amusement.

"Hmm, I don't think 'jealous' is the right word. Maybe territorial is more accurate."

"Huh?" Angel blinked a few times looking confused and putting down the fidget spinner.

"He's clearly uncomfortable with you—"

"Yeh. No shit." The pink spider demon cut through his words the angler fish's words making his blue sclera eyes with red irises look up from his work.

"Perhaps he is worried about your intentions towards Husker? Have you two ever had that conversation?" Baxter asked curiously before his eyes returned to his work.

"My intentions? What the fuck has that gotta do with him.." Angel snorted in immediate disapproval.

"Everything." Baxter replied making the spider blink in shock. "At least in his eyes, anyway. Alastor is a complex being that holds Husker in high regard, higher perhaps than even he realises. One might go as far to say that he's the closest thing to a real friend the Radio Demon has, though Alastor's views on friendship are somewhat askew. He doesn't fully understand the boundaries of personal space as you yourself have just experienced.."

"So.. He's in love with Husk?" Angel quirked his neat brows looking doubtful that he was fully understanding the scientist's point. This made Baxter actually stop once more and laugh in amusement at the very idea.

"No, no, no.. I just meant that he cares a great deal about him, but admittedly he's being overbearing about it. You must have seen by now that Husker is an emotionally imbalanced. He often uses his alcoholism to medicate himself, Alastor fears that if anything untoward happens between you two that it might just push Husker over the edge. He did technically kill himself to get here and Alastor doesn't deal with loss very well, trust me.."

There was a moment of silence as Baxter continued on with his work, muttering to himself as he continued to tinker with the venom sample. He started to feed it through some long complicated chemistry tubing while following it looking excited by the reaction as he picked up a couple of vials and put a few droplets of each in.

"Yes... yes.. Looking good.. Don't fail us now.." A crafty look twisted his marine features as he continued to follow it.  Angel watched him with only some mild interest as his mind was still trying to process what he had just been told. His odd eyes barely noticing the change in the liquid as it changed from a pinkish-clear to a transparent blue after reaching a boiling point before dripping out of the tubing into a small test tube.