Chapter 20

"I'm sorry you can see me?" The man asked, his face was solemn and cold he had similar facial features that were close to Kina's so you could definitely tell they were related.

"Yes. Yes I can"

The father's eyebrow raised slightly before tutting and looking away smirking.

"Ah I get your dead aswell ey buddy?"

The Captain scowled his eyes shooting a glare at the dead man who was sitting calmly on the dirt green ground.

"I am not I repeat not your buddy"

The man chuckled smirking once more.

"Wow seems I've upset you somehow care to explain how?"

"I don't need to explain myself to such a despicable man as yourself now come with me"

"I'm not going anywhere until you tell me why"

The Captain stood still his hands clenched in fists of rage, a scowl crawled across his face quickly.

"DO I LOOK LIKE I GAVE YOU AN OPTION I'M NOT WASTING MY TIME ON SCOUNDRELS LIKE YOU SO I'LL SAY AGAIN COME. WITH. ME. NOW"

The man rolled his eyes sighing whilst slowly getting up.

"Jeez your a bossy one aren't ya'
He added with sarcasm laced within his words.

"Shut up."

"Oo is the Sergeant giving me a orde-" Just the Captain cut him off turning around instantly.

"It's Captain to you and yes I am so come on" the middle aged man followed begrudgingly behind the Cap dragging his feet through the marshy leaf covered ground however none of the leaves moved as he went straight through them.

The two men walked for a short while before returning to Button Hall were the others were completely unaware of what was about to happen.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey Kina can we play a game of charades I know you like that game!" Pat piped up cheerfully buy the miserable looking Kina just shook her head gently before responding "not right now Pat I have a few things to deal with maybe later yeah?" The scout leader got the hint nodding and going back to Fanny.
Thomas then placed his hands upon her shoulders rubbing them gently massaging in circles. This helped the poor girl to calm down and try to get her thoughts in place.

Just then the Cap walked in...

And him.

The room fell instantly silent that you could hear the birds chirping outside. All the ghosts stood staring at the scruffy man and so did Kina.
His hair was short and cut shorter at the back leaving some longer pieces at the front, his hair colour and eye colour was the same as Kina's but the his eyes looked dead and cold compared to her lively usually happy ones. He was wearing a grey Parker coat and some dark blue jeans, however both had blood smeared across them and so did his head on the right side.

Kina couldn't speak she tried but nothing came out, it was him and that made things so much worse because one everything that captain said that she hoped was a lie was true and two as much as he was her killer he was family, he was blood, her own family. Someone she thought loved her.

"YOU SCOUNDREL! YOU EVIL CREATURE HOW COULD YOU!" Fanny piped up out of nowhere taking a few steps towards the man, just as she was doing that Robin joined in with an angry "I HATE YOU ME HATE YOU!"

Then Mary, " THOU IST THE DEVIL IN MAN!"

Kitty, "Your very horrible and I wouldn't be friends with you!"

Julian then burst, "I CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHAT TYPE OF SICK PERSON WOULD DO THIS TO THEIR OWN DAUGHTER"

Even Pat got disgruntled and walked straight up to the man poking him in his chest.

"YOUR HER FAMILY, HER FATHER, HER PROTECTER YOU WERE MEANT TO LOVE HER DEAD OR ALIVE ! You should be ashamed of yourself call yourself a dad pff don't make me laugh" he hissed the final words stepping back.

And then Thomas eventually spoke up.

"You sir are one of the most foulest men I've met and I've met Julian but what man possessed you to do such a heinous act to your own bloodline?! Do you not feel ashamed?" The poet got right up into the mans face and glared but alas the man stayed silent.

Kina then moved from her shocked and grabbed the man by the wrist dragging him with her and through the door into a another.

"I know you probably hate me-"

Kina spun round quickly anger spewed across her face.

"Don't you dare" she hissed "Don't you think I have the right to hate you? Your my dad yet I feel like I don't even know you... before you go of telling me bullshit after bullshit just cut to the chase sit your fucking arse down because your gonna tell me why you decided to kill your bloody daughter and how, I don't want no lies and no going off track is that clear."

He nodded gently.

The two sat down across from each other before Kina raised her hand and stated "now explain"

Micheal sighed before starting.

"Might as-well start with my death, I was driving back home from work and I was driving down this road just outside the hall when a crazy driver crashed into me making me fly through the windscreen I'm pretty sure I shattered both my legs but somehow I still had a bit of life left in me, so I tried to drag myself to get to the hall and get help however I only got about a 100 yards when my body decided to give up and die. Trust me I was trying to stay alive for you and the others but my body wouldn't let me."

Kina raised her eyebrows "you died here? the police never told us"

"I'm getting to that, see after I died I quickly became a ghost and I saw everything, you never came ever I waited every single day at the gates and none of you came"

"We didn't know you'd died and plus how were we meant to see you?"

"What I'm trying to say was it hurt... I became angry and sad at myself for letting my body give up like that but when the day came where you and Luna arrived I was so happy I thought I finally got my family back but that didn't last long as I realised I was dead and I wouldn't be able to talk to either of you"

Kina frowned before asking "why didn't you talk to the ghosts here they're friendly and they could've helped you surely you knew they were there?"

"Like I said I was sad and not thinking straight I just wanted my family back so I thought-"

"So you thought killing me was the answer yeah ok"

"WHAT OTHER CHOICE DID I HAVE!"

"MOVE ON, LIKE EVERY OTHER FUCKING DEAD PERSON!"

"WHAT ABOUT THEM THEY HAVEN'T MOVED ON!"

"THEY CAN'T IT'S TOO LATE FOR THEM YOU STILL CAN!"

"Will you come with me then?"

Kina sneered before realising he was being serious.

"Well?"

HI I'm so so so sorry for being gone for so long like I'm not dead I swear but there's only a few more chapters of this but yeah here you go x love you all- NW